[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Hi Bobones

Once again many thanks for the latest compile of 13.1 with Corey''s latest build. Really appreciate what you are doing for us all BoBones and of course Corey's wonderful development work on the kernel builds, and indeed everyone else involved with this project,

Now installed it on a MyGica ATV520 box (with the WF aerial on the back) but can confirm running the pre-installed Network WiFi Manager add-on in the Program group still does not work with MyGica ATV520 boxes with Broadcom fitted (note this is not, as the other posted mentioned, the Network Manager Addon you can install from a repo as that has been around a long time and is not the same as this pre-installed WiFi Manager). SO even though the 520 has the external WF aerial the NM WiFI Manager does not show me any WiFI access points available. So the Broadcom fix does not seem to work. Can you pass this onto Corey please as I cannot write to that forum because my status is not senior enough yet.

As to my Audio passthrough corruption well have been trying every possible combination and even with setting the channels as for 2 and enabling AAC to transcode to AC3 as you suggested, it then brings me the same loud distortion with AAC content which of course is now transcoded as AC3 passthrough. So it is on ALL passthrough content. The volume control on the XBMC box remote shows audio as passthrough and as normal is then not adjustable from the box, only from the AVR. I am sure my latest model Denon AVR 500 is capable of all the passthrough digital modes but have no True HD content to check it with, but as I said I tried all combinations of enabling and disabling audio features, and on my AVR too. Works fine with passthrough disabled.

As I said this Audio problem is only on Frodo 12.4 and all Gotham versions so far. Once again can you kindly pass this on to Corey for me on the XDA Dev forum..

Currently for both ATV1200 and ATV520 boxes then the Frodo 12.3 build of 2nd Jan 2014 is so far the best as it all works with both boxes and with the MacBeth1975's DialogAccessPoints.xml easy fix applied for WiFi access.
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - by raymw - 2014-06-20, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5