[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2014-07-01, 17:52)raymw Wrote: BoBone cannot understand why you want to overwrite the menu button normal setting as this is a button used all the time of course from selecting downloads to add-on settings etc. That top middle button with the "i" on it could be mapped instead as this is not otherwise used with our Linux XBMC installs.

I only remap the menu button in full screen video, where it does nothing normally. It still acts as the context menu elsewhere (when video is not playing). The "i" button does indeed to something in xbmc: when video is playing it toggles an information overlay showing time remaining (like "OK" without the play controls), and on a film title it will display the information screen showing cast, rating etc. (quicker than using menu key and selecting information).

If you try the the xbmc keymap editor addon you will see that you can map keys globally or only when particular functions of xbmc are active. This means you can effectively overlay/override the meaning of a key without affecting its main function. The menu button is a nice place on the remote to have play/pause and it doesn't affect its use elsewhere if you only map it for full screen video. Try it!

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - by bobones - 2014-07-01, 18:41
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5