[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Sorry for delay Sonofdibnah but now have tested some .flac music files on my Sumvision Cyclone X2 Linux XBMC box via an external USB hard drive plugged directly into it. I can report that there is no buzzing sound or distortion at all here. It plays through the HDMI connection to my Denon AVR 500 Home Theatre unit.

Do not know how, or even why, to change to default DVD player as it just reverts to the standard XBMC one when I select that. Or does this DVD player option mean you have to have a USB connected DVD player plugged into the box. Never even bothered to think of what the DVD player option is for in XBMC ?? So why do we need it even, as DVDs are now so 1990's and not needed these days IMHO. I have a Blu Ray player (BD) and several genuine BD discs with movies and documentary stuff but I honestly so very rarely use it since I first had my Linux XBMC media box early last year, as just not needed any more unless the internet is down. Also have NAS drives storage with loads of media available to me if I do have no internet for some odd reason.

I must say I see no point in going back to Android especially now with the superb latest Linux XBMC Gotham 13.1 build also with true 1080 HD as well. This build is so stable and snappy; I love it. Only caveats with this latest Linux Gotham 13.1 build is there is still no support for the ATV520 box (and others) Broadcom WiFi, and no support for the useful Confluence 7 icons tweak which is really down to the 7 icon tweak folk to fix for Gotham of course.

Also since Frodo 12.3 I still have this odd thing I reported above, where passthrough for AC3 and DTS content from the Linux XBMC box HDMI output does NOT switch my very new Denon AVR500 into digital Dolby/DTS mode. So I have to annoyingly switch it manually on the Denon, else of course I get the typical loud unresolved data stream low frequency buzzing and staccato noise. This seems so far only a problem with my Denon specific model as others report that they do not get this passthrough switching problem on their different Denon AVR models, or indeed with other makes of AVR units. It is the same problem on my friends Denon AVR 500 too, so not a fault with my specific AVR. Would love this and the other two problems above fixed and then I would be in XBMC heaven for sure :-) Anyone Huh

BTW with your handle here are you any relative of the famous TV star and steam engine man Fred Dibnah ??

Must say a big thank you to all the developers and compilers here on this board (and other sites too of course). I have the utmost admiration and respect for their skills and massive input to this community :-)
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - by raymw - 2014-07-14, 06:22
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5