[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Hi - apologies for the noobish question below - I couldn't find the instructions to deal with this in the prior 66 pages but may have missed them.

I have an ATV1200, and am trying to follow the instructions to upgrade to Version 1 as shown on the first page of this thread.

SD card has the required files and is plugged in. When I press and hold the reset button and then plug the power back in, I invariably get to a screen headed "Android system recovery <3e>" where nothing else happens. Holding the reset button in does nothing beyond this point.

Am I doing some wrong to get this point? Or how should I proceed form here? If I tell it to apply an update and go to the sdcard, it doesn't show any files.

Thanks for your help and patience - To make matters worse, my box now just hangs on an MX-Linux logo when I boot it up!

****EDIT****

I found the source of the problem - the SD card I was using was formatted with exFAT, not FAT32. Found a tool to format the SD card properly, and then all went well. I wonder if it may be worth adding something to that effect to the post in the first page.

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - by malcolmbarr - 2014-11-14, 11:38
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5