[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2014-11-28, 14:04)bobones Wrote:
(2014-11-27, 09:44)raymw Wrote: So I again ask please has anyone here got any idea when we can expect the first Linux XBMC/KODI builds and compiles for these MyGica Enjoy boxes ??

I don't know if you'll ever get Linux based Kodi for the quad core MyGica boxes unless Geniatech themselves develop it as these don't seem to be the boxes favoured by the developers who are doing the porting work.

If you look around you'll see that Stane's AMLinux and Codesnake's OpenELEC releases are all for very specific boards and it's boxes like the M8, MIII, MXQ, TV110 and others that are getting their attention.

I'm still running my Sumvision Cyclone X2 (ATV1200) with Corey's MX Linux 13.2 and it's great, but those boxes are no longer available. Recently, I've bought a few Cyclone X4s which are cheap quad core S805 (£46) and they run Kodi quite well under Android, but you definitely feel Kodi is being bogged down by Android bloat. But today, I flashed a version of OpenELEC/Kodi 14.0-beta3 ported to the TV110 by a Russian developer, Kerber, and man does this box now fly or what! This is now a serious player as a cheap, fast OpenELEC box that you can buy off the shelf from UK high street retailers.

If you want a new box that will run Linux then you probably need to change to a different brand.

Thanks a lot Bobones for the info. I am still getting MyGica ATV1200 boxes okay here as well as 520s too direct form China and AFAIA they are still being produced by Geniatech. I get them in for friends, friends of friends and contacts here but I do not want to openly advertise and sell them here. And yes we all love the ATV1200 with the Linux Gotham 13.2 build as is certainly the best combo yet.

I am making enquires right now, about quad core Linux builds, with Geniatech though my Chinese supplier who has become a bit of a friend and advisor too, but as I pointed out if the Jynxbox Armada Mach 8 is running pure Linux then that is of course a quad core and I believe is also a Geniatech made Amlogic box. Please correct me if I am wrong as I am not 100% on that. If that is definitely the case then that would indicate there is either a Gotham 13.x or KODI 14.x build available for quad core Amlogic based boxes, well we can hope.

Interested to know more about that box you are running with OpenElec. Do not know the TV110 box, will have to look that one up. As I know virtually nothing about OpenElec, may I ask you if it is still basically running XBMC / KODI?? And do you think it is going to be suitable for the completely non techie ordinary users as the Linux XBMC based ATV1200 / 520 boxes are??

Are these TV110 boxes made in China as most of this stuff is? If they are, then I have a very good contact there as I mentioned to you above and I am only virtually next door in Thailand so maybe if suitable I can get those boxes in cheaper direct from there for moving forward with Quad core and KODI 14 with OpenElec. Like you I am keen to try as I find the work interesting in trying to get these boxes flying as best they can with Linux XBMC / KODI
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - by raymw - 2014-11-28, 15:24
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5