[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2014-12-13, 10:29)raymw Wrote: There should be no problem with WiFi or Wired connections with the X2 box and Linux Gotham 13.2 No need to have to go back to slow Android and all its unneeded bloat-ware. Sounds like there is something wrong with your router settings to be honest as no problem with mine or with many many other folk I know with this same box or the MyGica identical ATV1200 version. I understand why you want to get back to fast efficient and smooth streaming Linux and there should be no problem as mentioned.

Oh and we all use DHCP not static IP and that should give you no problems either if your router is set up correctly.

Not everyone is on auto DHCP, that is why a limited number of users are experienced problems with the network settings. This is especially true for some users in Canada where the DNS has to be changed to a fixed DNS to bypass blocked DNS from USA streams. Sometimes reverting back to Android is best for those users even if the operating system is a lot slower.

Anyone that is still on Android and wants to get a patch to make your tv box a dedicated XBMC player with 500MB free ram by shutting down unnecessary apps and services PM me. It is about 80% of the speed of Linux but acceptable if one can't do Linux.

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - by xbmcdoc - 2014-12-14, 06:22
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5