[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2014-12-14, 07:41)raymw Wrote: Yes understand xbmcdoc but surely one can configure your router to use a specific DNS and then be able to use DHCP on your LAN so your Linux box can use a DHCP assign IP from your router and thus use Linux. That way the DNS the Linux box will use is from the router and then of course now fixed to the DNS you specified in the router settings? Unless I ma missing something here which is quite possible at my old age :-o I suppose it depends on your router too as some basic ones might not have that ability but all the routers I have used you can usually specify two DNS addresses to use, but have to say I do not need to do that here normally though I have when the auto assigned local DNS servers have been crappy on the odd occasions.

Excellent to have an Android system with a load of the unnecessary bloat-ware not installed. Excellent and simple idea and 80% of Linus speed is not too shabby either, but still recommend folk just go for Linux if they can.

Networks are always a headache if their not in auto mode. I use a managed L3 switch at home so I have to set the IP and domain manually on all devices that connect to it. Only way to keep track about 30 IP address which I leave static as I SSH in to them.

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - by xbmcdoc - 2014-12-14, 07:51
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5