[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2015-01-21, 19:08)xbmcdoc Wrote:
(2015-01-21, 11:33)AuXBoX Wrote: I'll fix the upscaling soon

Thanks AuXBox. Is there a support page where I can buy you a beer?

Yes indeed here here. This guy AuxBox deserves quite a few drinks for sure.

As to the shut-down and boot up problem reported, well mine is fixed by changing the remote.conf file as was well documented here many months ago now. But to save you searching back then all you need do is to first get a suitable remote.conf file to replace the default one installed with this new compile/build. For the current ATV520 and ATV1200 remotes I can strongly recommend this one that I have placed in my public Dropbox folder HERE (please note you should right mouse click on this link and select the Save Link As option when by default it will download to your download folder as "remote.conf").

If you have an older 520 remote I do have alternative .conf files for those too. I take no credit for these remote.conf files as they were compiled by somebody else, though regret to say I cannot remember who it was to be honest, but anyway I have made it easily available if you need it and it does work.

Using File Manager, just simply replace (or better rename the existing one to remote.conf.old) the small 720 Byte remote.conf file in the root/etc/kodi/ directory with this updated remote.conf file which you will see is much bigger at 2.11 KB in size. Then you MUST reboot for it to take effect. You will then have the familiar 3 choice menu window pop up when you hit the remote red button and all other remote buttons you will find are correctly mapped.

Obviously you do this at your own risk but it is a simple and very easy operation which I hope proves useful to you. You will probably have to ensure that you first enable the Allow Renaming and Deletion, and the Show Hidden Files and Directories options in the System|Settings|Appearance|File Lists config screen, thus leaving all 6 options enabled (blue indicators all lit).
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by raymw - 2015-01-22, 08:09
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5