[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2015-01-24, 19:44)bobones Wrote: I just renamed the ,kodi folder to .kodi.orig and renamed the .xbmc folder to .kodi so I didn't need to reconfigure. If you can flash linux you can log on with putty and either remove the folder or rename it. I don't have a problem with shutdown as I just leave my box on.

Yep appreciate that bobones and love this new compile. What would be good though is for the /root/usr/share XBMC folder to not be installed at all with these compiles as without putty and the right password there is no way to delete folders in this /usr area of course. That way we have a compile that can be used efficiently with these new virgin Android boxes. So you are saying if I use Putty and the letmein password I should for now be able to remove the /root/usr/share xbmc folder ?? Will certainly give it a try.

No problem with the /root/root/.xbmc folder as this can be removed though I think better still is to totally factory restore your old Linux Gotham system by going back to Android and starting afresh with this new Linux Helix build this will avoid cluttering up the system memory with all other old and now superseded xbmc folders like the /root/root/.xbmc folder of course which will then no longer be present.

Trouble with not shutting down is that if you leave these Linux based boxes in standby then the chances are they freeze up anyway and need a reboot when you next come to use them. Also after some config changes and deleted and added new add-ons a reboot is also often needed and this can currently cause a lock up too. Appreciate this bug is probably a build issue not a compile one, and as I said before it is a tad annoying but not a deal breaker in any way.
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by raymw - 2015-01-25, 07:07
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5