[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
gav4130 yes I appreciate that cost is for many of us significant. But they are now old boxes, sure still good with the correct old Linux Frodo 12.0 builds, but can probably buy second hand very cheaply now.

You need to try to reinstall an old Linux XBMC Frodo 12 build for the M3 box but you will need to get back to the recovery screen first. Try just holding the reset recessed button in and keep it held until you see some screen action and the recover screen appear, it may take some time be warned. Then from the recovery screen do a clean factory Reset, then plug in your USB or SD card with the old Linux Frodo 12.0 image on it and try to re-flash Linux Frodo 12.0 Note that there were two types one for the earlier Nano slim boxes and one for later ones with a then newer Samsung chip fitted so you would need to search back in this forum for information as to this. But anyway try the main last issue of Linux Frodo 12.0.for the M3 single core boxes as most likely if your box is only a year old then that is the correct one.

If you can get into the recovery screen and cannot find the correct Linux Frodo 12 image to flash then let me know as liek several of us here I have all of these old Linux XBMC image files stored here and can arrange to send you what would be a likely suitable one if really needed. But sure if you look around you should find them all available for downloading

Auxbox is as usual dead right as your box should only have bricked if you interrupted a valid flash update installing by removing the power.. .
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by raymw - 2015-01-25, 07:24
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5