[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2015-01-25, 13:17)AuXBoX Wrote: New build for testing
https://mega.co.nz/#!XwIjGSIT!JjaeSwUaCZ...qaw-bsRamY

Just installed on my ATV1200 box this latest compile of yours Auxbox, so many thanks as always for that BUT sadly have to report two major problems.

FIrstly the audio has a continuous low level buzzing (no not with passthrough which I had not tested but just the normal HDMI audio) and the content sound when streaming is badly distorted and low level too. Becuase of this and the second problem below, I had to roll back and reinstalled the last compile from bobones and the problem disappears immediately, so something weird with this new compile.

Secondly there is now no Network WiFi Manager installed. I tried to install this add-on using the Get Addons section, but it will not install as it says there are missing dependencies. So obviously we must have a means of switching on WiFi and back to Wired as required. I would still like to see a return to the old Linux Frodo 12.3 and earlier network connection system with the simple fix that enables free switching between WiFi and Wired, and as a bonus that of cause is Broadcom compatible too for the ATV520 boxes. Still we at least need the Network Manager restored for the ATV1200 boxes if we cannot go back to the the original Linux Frodo 12.3 network connection system.

Also be nice to remove from the upgrade install the /root/usr/share/xbmc folder as that is surely now superfluous with the newly replaced /root/usr/share/kodi folder.

Hope this constructive feedback helps Auxbox, but please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with further testing these builds.
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by raymw - 2015-01-25, 16:24
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5