[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2015-01-30, 08:07)raymw Wrote: Hmmm I would like to try this Bobones but cannot afford to lose a new 520 box unless I am confident it can be ubricked using a simple SD card revert to Android compile as before. However I will in a week or two hopefully be getting back a warranty repaired 520 which is second hand of course and far from new, so may be more willing to risk it with that as it stands me oin at practically nothing. Would be great to have an answer sooner though for this old chestnut so I am somewhat tempted to try it anyway.

If I need a Linux PC then forget it as I have not got one right now but old keep putting off having my old Compaq Laptop dual boot to Linux and Windows, just the tiem to set it up.

I tried to load the new kernel onto my ATV1200 but the flash failed right at the end (bootlogo assertion) and the system wouldn't boot. I recoverd the box fine, but I'm not sure if this is easy to fix properly. Maybe this kernel or another with the missing module will work if it is flashed correctly, I don't know.

As an alternative I tried to use the missing dhd.ko file (dongle host driver) from the G02REFDONGLE kernel in the G02REF kernel but the insmod command which inserts the binary driver failed here:
dhd: version magic '3.0.101-MX SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7 ' should be '3.0.101-MX SMP mod_unload ARMv7 '

I thought I'd try changing the version string using a hex editor but then it failed with:
dhd: Unknown symbol extern_wifi_set_enable (err 0)

I am going to give up on this because it's getting a bit too complicated and I don't even have an ATV520!

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by bobones - 2015-01-30, 13:31
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5