[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Sorry but as far as I am aware there are still no Linux KODI builds available for these Amlogic quad core boxes, so you would be stuck with Android and all its resource hogging bloatware. So I still stick with the MyGica ATV1200/ Sumvision Cyclone X2 boxes. These are also a lot cheaper too than the new quad core boxes and IMHO I do not think that quad core boxes will actually give any real advantage over dual core for running Linux XBMC/KODI to be honest, but others may disagree. Sure they may boot a little faster and process listings little faster possibly but I find neither of those factors a problem with my dual core boxes which run very efficiently.

I could not be happier than with my ATV1200 running with Linux Helix 14.0. I cannot see how having a quad core box would actually improve the performance I am getting which is really only as fast as the internet connections allow of course, and there lies the limiting factor that quad core will no way improve. Whichever box you have got you will still be at the mercy of the internet and of course the various servers and how the various add-ons are maintained and updated by their respective developers.

For example I find live sports are very unreliable and a PITA most the time on XBMC/KODI and cannot recommend any of these boxes for that use. Even replay football add-ons are hit and miss as often not updated and ages out of date. For all the movies, TV series, music and normal live TV channels, then they are magic boxes of course and that is 95% of my personal use.

Let me know how you got on with the Android revert compile I sent you and what you ended up doing. PM me if you need any other help as I mentioned before.
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by raymw - 2015-03-04, 13:19
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5