[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Bobones thanks for the info but personally at this time I want to stay with the well established XBMC/KODI as just cannot really fault it right now with excellent HD streaming and of course being well established there are hundreds or thousands of world wide servers available so can stream almost anything I want.

Still cannot see that a quad core over a dual core will give any benefit for this sort of operation. Sure it might help bloatware Android to cope better, but who needs Android anyway when we have the far superior Linux MX without all the unnecessary Android bloatware either. Also quadcore will not usually improve streaming as that is primarily and almost totally dependant on the end to end internet link quality and far end server capability. Certainly for me streaming here almost always works brilliantly on my ATV1200 / Linux Helix 14.0 box as long as I chose the better far end servers for which you soon get to know which ones work best for you..

I will only change to quad core when the dual core boxes are no longer available and there is a Linux KODI build available for them which I am still sure will be fothcoming. THat Openelec system is really still very much beta and experimental so certainly will look at it before too long but for me not a priority.
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by raymw - 2015-03-07, 08:09
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5