[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Joshua99 well that first time that it fails, by design of course, it will stop doing anything more and just show you a fallen over android icon with I think from memory a red coloured exclamation mark through it. Then it is safe to unplug the box and repeat the process once again always holding in the reset button with a toothpick before you power back up and keeping it held in for 10- 15 seconds after plugging the power back in to let the auto flash process begin. Only use an SD card and not a USB stick.

I have found for me the only way I have unbricked ATV1200 boxes I have been sent is with the Revert to android files I sent you but onto a clean SD card. So suggest that you try again using that card but always make sure you wait until the fail is complete and then again wait for quite a while for the second boot up installation routine to start. It does take some while as the Android 4.1 files it installs are quite large. Once you have Android 4.1 back installed it is plain sailing to install Bobones 27th January Linux Helix 14.0 compile in the usual way, again make sure you wait for the installation to start as it also will show a blank screen for a while before the Linux penguin graphic and install progress bar pops up.

I wish you the best of luck with it but I am sure your box can be unbricked without shorting pins out etc.
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by raymw - 2015-03-08, 14:04
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5