• 87(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2015-03-18, 18:19)xbmcdoc Wrote:
(2015-03-18, 15:08)Grand Total Wrote:
(2015-03-17, 06:02)AuXBoX Wrote: [this is my photo. The board on joshs is different
I have two boxes, both bricked, and I tried this method on one of them. It worked, but only partially in the sense that I didn't end up with a box running Android 4.1 as I expected. Instead it recovered and was running the (custom) software that was running on it before I bricked it. This evening I shall try to reflash it with the firmware I want on it. If that goes well I'll try to recover the box I bricked the day before yesterday.

Sounds like the box went back to factory reset. Try the reflash again to see if it sticks. You probably don't need to short the pins this time.
Yup, that's exactly what I intend to do, just didn't have time yesterday. I wasn't planning on shorting the pins this time because the box is basically working.

Edit: Android 4.2.2 installed successfully.
(2015-03-18, 19:00)Grand Total Wrote:
(2015-03-18, 18:19)xbmcdoc Wrote:
(2015-03-18, 15:08)Grand Total Wrote: I have two boxes, both bricked, and I tried this method on one of them. It worked, but only partially in the sense that I didn't end up with a box running Android 4.1 as I expected. Instead it recovered and was running the (custom) software that was running on it before I bricked it. This evening I shall try to reflash it with the firmware I want on it. If that goes well I'll try to recover the box I bricked the day before yesterday.

Sounds like the box went back to factory reset. Try the reflash again to see if it sticks. You probably don't need to short the pins this time.
Yup, that's exactly what I intend to do, just didn't have time yesterday. I wasn't planning on shorting the pins this time because the box is basically working.

Edit: Android 4.2.2 installed successfully.

which method did you use?
Press THANK USER if I Help
(2015-03-17, 13:55)raymw Wrote: Auxbox I have got that dual core CMX box now as recommended so would appreciate if you can send me the link for the Linux Helix 14.0 compile for it so I can test it out. Many thanks in advance mate.

Here you go raymw 14.1 Helix.
https://mega.co.nz/#!z8I1GQIL!AYdhryKoYd...KYldLfc6lE

Just leave sdcard or usb stick out and boot to recovery menu then plug it in and flash
(2015-03-19, 06:13)AuXBoX Wrote: which method did you use?
I used the HowToRevertTo4.1 method in item 4 at the top of this thread. I also shorted the pins as shown on the ATV1200 picture which I now believe my box is.
Hello to all

Only one question, my ATV1200 died today ( broken transistor ) , and i want to buy a new one. But i dont know what is better
ATV1200 or ATV1800. Does the Helix or Kodi img run on ATV1800 ?

thanks for answer
bubblefish
(2015-03-19, 23:40)bubblefish Wrote: Hello to all

Only one question, my ATV1200 died today ( broken transistor ) , and i want to buy a new one. But i dont know what is better
ATV1200 or ATV1800. Does the Helix or Kodi img run on ATV1800 ?

thanks for answer
bubblefish

This does not work on ATV1800 at this stage
Need help by my ATV1200

Yesterday I updated ATV1200 ( Linlux 12.3 without Android ) to Linux Kodi without problems and works , but now , my box didnot want to boot.
If i switch on my box the red lights ( power on ) Yellow light from lan works and blinking. Thats all.
I boot my boot ( power on , power suplay out and in ) 20 - 30 times no change and suddenly the box boots up kodi without errors . I tunrned off , and i have the same problem.

My next steps where to downgrade to android with different rescue images, but i did not come into the recovery modus ( bridged pins also tested ) ,

Fact is that the box didnot want to boot , the lights go on , ( lan and power light ) and i can switch off the box with remote control

What can i do ( ? ) , and excuse my bad english......

thanks for help

bubblefish
(2015-03-20, 10:18)bubblefish Wrote: Need help by my ATV1200

Yesterday I updated ATV1200 ( Linlux 12.3 without Android ) to Linux Kodi without problems and works , but now , my box didnot want to boot.
If i switch on my box the red lights ( power on ) Yellow light from lan works and blinking. Thats all.
I boot my boot ( power on , power suplay out and in ) 20 - 30 times no change and suddenly the box boots up kodi without errors . I tunrned off , and i have the same problem.

My next steps where to downgrade to android with different rescue images, but i did not come into the recovery modus ( bridged pins also tested ) ,

Fact is that the box didnot want to boot , the lights go on , ( lan and power light ) and i can switch off the box with remote control

What can i do ( ? ) , and excuse my bad english......

thanks for help

bubblefish
Can you SSH into the box?
Sounds like you just need to delete the guisettings.xml file
Updated version on first page with Helix 14.1
(2015-03-20, 11:36)AuXBoX Wrote: Updated version on first page with Helix 14.1

fantastic dude, thanks!

last helix build is working really well so far on my 520. zero issues aside from a few freezes (and I am using the fanart screensaver). all good though.
(2015-03-20, 11:36)AuXBoX Wrote: Updated version on first page with Helix 14.1

Much thanks AuXBox. This build works great.

Installs fast and did not lose my userdata.
hey again Smile
i have a problem again haha.. i have been messing with my sumvision X2 and firmwares as i really didnt like the Genitech firmware.. but probem i have i have written a ATV1200 to a ATV520 box and think i bricked it.. i been looking though forums and noticed about shorting pins and are in process of trying.. atm i have 1 red light on box so dont think its totally dead but any help would be great or pointing in right direction. i have tried revert but recovery will not boot at all.

thanks again for support guy u all been great
I have been running the 14.1 build from the front page on my atv520 for a day and a half and all seems good. One thing I will comment here in case it helps anyone else, is that the date/time would not automatically set on bootup. I had to add this line to the /etc/inittab file:

:Confusedysinit:/usr/bin/ntpdate -u ca.pool.ntp.org

I put it as the very last :Confusedysinit: line. Now the time sets on reboot. I don't know if that's the best way to get the time working, but it works for me. I had to do this with version 13.2 also on this box.

Also, I do run the slideshow screensaver. I had been using the slideshow screensaver on version 13.2 also or the whole box would freeze up when left idle too long.

Thanks for these builds, they are greatly appreciated.
Hi

I installed the Kodi 14.1 image on my Sumvision X2 (ATV1200 basically). All works okay, however it isn't seeing my internal drive. /proc/partitions doesn't show it. Is the kernel devoid of SATA drivers or is there something I need to do to get it to see my drive?

Thanks
(2015-03-22, 10:13)dippa Wrote: hey again Smile
i have a problem again haha.. i have been messing with my sumvision X2 and firmwares as i really didnt like the Genitech firmware.. but probem i have i have written a ATV1200 to a ATV520 box and think i bricked it.. i been looking though forums and noticed about shorting pins and are in process of trying.. atm i have 1 red light on box so dont think its totally dead but any help would be great or pointing in right direction. i have tried revert but recovery will not boot at all.

thanks again for support guy u all been great

update.. ive got recovery working with shorted pins but will not write anything to box.. tried revert and unbrick files on this post to no success
  • 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5