[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2015-04-10, 10:16)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2015-04-10, 07:53)raymw Wrote: Hi Joshua99 , of course make sure the update file when you look at it on your PC has the .img suffix then it should be available in the recovery mode when you look at your SD card. Anyway with the new M3 Helix build from Auxbox it now seems a dead issue. Yet to try this new M3 Helix build but many thanks AuxBox for posting it mate. I have downloaded it already so will try it soon but remember my M3 box already has the earlier Hydra Helix 10 build installed as I said before..

Any luck with your CMX box you had bricked the other day when unable to find any reset button ?? Still reckon the new EMBER convert upgrade should work for you IF you can find a way to boot so it boots from the SD card or goes into recovery mode. My G18Ref MX box is working fine in EMBER. Going to get another one for testing, but this time, now I know where the reset button is hidden, I will try to flash the next box direct from the default Android straight to the new EMBER using the convert file set. Likely will not be for a few weeks though as have too much else on my plate right now.

No good with those MXII boxes. No way of doing it. Even opened them up and shorted pins but never really got anywhere
just never get these boxes.

What do you reckon of the g18ref box though. No freezing like the atv1200 or 520?

Yes they are certainly okay as much cheaper though no HDMI cable included in the box which offsets the price advantage somewhat.

As to freezing well with EMBER Helix 14.2 that really is a thing of the past as croniccorey has fixed that now for sure with the G02Ref boxes. Running my ATV1200 and 1220 boxes with no screensaver, or just with the Dim one, and never any freezes now, wonderful Big Grin EMBER is for me the way to go right now. Have even donated to the good cause as well and waiting for the auto update to the Donators Edition when it is released any time now.

Well the Generic MX box I use seems wonderful and the supplier confirms they are the original design ones the rest being copies,
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by raymw - 2015-04-10, 10:42
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5