[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2015-04-13, 19:13)macfunk Wrote:
(2015-04-13, 17:40)bodgit Wrote:
(2015-04-13, 13:58)macfunk Wrote: Many thanks Grand Total - will give it a go and let you know if it works!

Same think happened to me using the ember build and restore to factory settings on a Sumvision X2, thankfully shorting the two pins on the board and the Android boot card unbricked the box.
It took several attempts to get to boot but eventually it worked.

Big Grin Thanks to all you guys - my ATV1200 is alive again!
The shorting pins and SD bootcard method worked perfectly after only a couple of attempts (Initially thought it hadn't worked until i saw the status LED change to green from red) Took about 20-30 seconds for the green android to appear, then proceeded to flash the firmware as usual (never thought i'd be so delighted to see that bloody Android logo!)
Again - thanks to all who contribute and assist on this forum and their amazing expertise and knowledge. It'll also stop my wife from looking at me with both worry and disdain as i've been acting like there's been a death in the family for the past couple of days..sad but true!

Bodgit - very interesting to note that the same thing happened to you using the new Ember build. I would feed this back to Croniccorey & Josh5 but don't have privileges on their XDA forum page to do so but it's worth bearing in mind to anyone else using this build on a ATV1200 to avoid doing a restore to factory settings via their system settings menu.

Now to upgrade back to Auxbox's brilliant 14.1 Helix build for me!

Cheers

Auxbox, any chance of a 14.2 build please. Wink

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by bodgit - 2015-04-13, 21:11
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5