[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2015-08-05, 11:21)AuXBoX Wrote: Try a different SDCard, sometimes some can't be read properly

Wow... I'm sure you can imagine how frustrating this was for me. I didn't have any SD cards so I went out to Canada Computers and bought a brand new one just to try this install (this was yesterday). And I'm trying to do all this with a brand new micro SD card from aData, 32gb formatting as fat32 in both windows and linux as I mentioned and I'm pulling out my hair not getting this to work.

So seeing your post this morning I drove back over to Canada Computers and replaced the 32gb aData for a 16gb kingston tech and an 8gb aData just so I would have two different oems to try and LO & BEHOLD it works on my first try with the Kingston Tech. Thank you SO much AuxBox and thanks for the quick reply.

So now I have a new problem which I didn't see anyone else having but will continue looking through this thread to see if I can find a solution until someone hopefully replies to this post.

PROBLEM: held reset and plugged in power, continued holding for 15 seconds (for the first time the android does not pop up on screen right away, as when booting recovery mode), screen stays black for a couple mins, then android appears with loading bar and does update. Now the ATV520E is just hanging on a black screen with Powered by XBMC in the bottom right. I am afraid to do anything to the box. I wasn't watching the screen the whole time but I am pretty sure it did not restart. What should I do? Thanks.

EDIT: A quick search of this thread for 'powered' revealed a bunch of other people having the same issue so I will try restarting and confirm that everything is working great. Thanks for the help guys.

EDIT 2: Restarted and went to red xmbc logo as expected and everything has loaded fine. I have successfully got Geniatech Linux running on my ATV520E, thank you for the help. I am also going to give this a try on my ATV380 and let you guys know how it goes.

LAST QUESTION: As I read through the first 30 or so pages there was a lot of debate about the best version of linux to use with the ATV boxes and it kind of seemed to depend on what mattered more to you (time zone functionality, power button functionality, 720p vs 1080p, wireless etc.) and I didn't see anyone really asking in the most recent 10-20 pages about which one is best as of today and a lot of issues seemed to be getting worked on or fixed around this time last year. I was just wondering what the status was on the most recommended or most stable linux to run on the ATV boxes? Do any of these have true 1080p working yet or are they 720p scaled to 1080p? Is wifi working on all of them? Thanks again for the help guys.

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by ibuntu - 2015-08-05, 18:30
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5