[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Completely new to this alternative for ATV1200 boxes, I service several of them for friends and family members. I have some basic questions, like if you install this Ember or MX Linux firmware (BTW can you point me to download links of this MX Linux?), do you get some Linux interface like you get Android on this box from which you then start Kodi?

Another question, it seems that with these custom firmwares you are 'stuck' with the Kodi version that was worked into the firmware, right? On Android (MyGica Android flavour), on version 4.2.2 anyway, that came with Kodi 14.1 officially, I can opt to reinstall Kodi to the latest Isengard current version and it works just fine.

With Linux on this box I understand I'd get leaner and meaner OS than MyGica's Android but the trade off is this loss of installing new Kodi versions as they come out.

I suppose Android on ATV1200 is bulky, heavy and all that but I suppose you guys may have left it for Linux on version 4.1 and probably Frodo XBMC as these boxes got sold stock installed, maybe to the end of being sold, and you didn't try current Android 4.2.2 on then with current Kodi. To be sure I don't put it through some heavy paces but at minimum it is quite stable, does what it is supposed to do, maybe unless you go for high quality 1080p and the digital audio stuff... which may be completely lacking on Android or it is putting the box on the edge of what it can do, given its OS is not lean and mean...

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by van141 - 2015-08-11, 20:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5