[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2015-10-08, 21:03)PiBo7 Wrote: Hi all, just looking for a bit of advice if any 1 can help me out please Smile (sorry if im in the wrong place)
I have a clone mx box(g18ref) - generic em6 from what ive googled, that was originally android but the company it was purchased from put their own custom linux on it...It ran fine up until a few weeks ago when it got very sluggish and freezing after an ota update.
I was going to try getting in touch with them for original firmware but they have since closed down so now im unable to get these from them

Im looking to try out different versions of linux on there, preferably a helix version as thats what i use on pc atm but I dont know whether im best of trying to revert back to android somehow or do I just go straight in and flash it?

Also, this is the 1 I was looking at but notice it says G02ref in the file name, can anyone point me in the right direction for a G18ref version please.

(2013-12-15, 06:59)AuXBoX Wrote: Version 2. Helix 14.1 Compiled 20-03-15 or Helix 14.2 Compiled 14-04-15

Heres what to do
Download Helix 14.1 this
or
Download Helix 14.2 this

1.Copy all files into SD card root directory

factory_update_param.aml
factory_update_param.ubt
bootloader.img
recovery.img
MX_LINUX-G02REF-update.zip

2.Insert SD card into the box, don't use USB disk.

3.Press and hold the upgrade button,then plug in power adapter.

4.Hold the button for about 10 seconds, then release.

5.There may be no display for upto 2 mins (DON'T POWER OFF!!!) then upgrading screen will appear.

6.After it's finished, the box will restart.

Sorry if Im being a n00b but Im new to this & thought its best to ask before attempting lol.
Thanks in advance
Can you be more specific on what box this is?
If you can tell me the name/number written on circuit board in the box, I can point you in the right direction...

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by Josh.5 - 2015-10-08, 22:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5