[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
I have and can use FTP into my box but I find it a waste of time and effort, as I honestly never really need to bother with all that. I can add and remove files using File Manager directly on my MyGica MX Linux box. The Rob Weber backup enables me to schedule backups to occur whenever I want too, and all my boxes for my friends and contacts auto schedule a backup every Monday morning at 2:00 AM local time onto the supplied and installed 8GB SD Card into a Backups folder, keeping only the last three backups to avoid over filling the SD card.

I only ever use Linux by the way, no interest in Android bloat ware as see no point in having all the crap lke Angry Birds andemail etc, all most of us need is the KODI system for streaming efficiently.

The .kodi folder is indeed found under the /root directory on the box but maybe you are not configured to show hidden and system folders and files either on yoru box for File Manager or on your PC based FTP client Huh?

When I set up a new box I flash it to the latest MX Linux compiled build, Then install Backup add-on form the KODI repository, then restore the box to my latest basic set up (which I update periodically as the popular add-ons change or get broken). After the Restore I pull the power straight out and restart the box so all my shortcuts and configuration settings form the backup are fully restored. Then I change the remote.conf file in the /etc/kodi folder and also add ARIALUNI.TTF font file to the /root/.kodi/media/FONTS folder so subtitles can correctly display Thai language Sandscript characters for my local Thai users. Finally changing international location settings and weather location for end users who are not local to me here, or indeed for those living outside of Thailand. I keep all the files I need on one master 4GB SD card for both flashing and restoring my latest basic setups to each new box,and indeed the font ttf file and remote.conf file too for finally copying across using KODI File Manager.

This is all sooo much easier IMHO than the hassle of using an FTP client on my PC, after first messing about noting the boxes newly assigned IP address etc.and believe me after nearly three years of doing this I have tried all methods and found the above method the most efficient and effective way of flashing and configuring a new virgin Android box to MX Linux, especially once I have a clean minimum thumbnails saved basic set up back up to restore to each newly flashed box.

Just see no point in using Android though when MX Linux is soooo much better. Look forward to MX Linux Isengard 15.2 very soon now and indeed I hear rumours of quad core MX Linux compiles on the way but no idea when that will be. MyGica ATV 585 and 1800/1900 boxes can then be available with Android removed and MX Linux (or even EmbER) added. These good quality Geniatech made MyGica quad core boxes are more expensive like for like so hope they do show some benefits in performance using MX Linux over the current dual core MX Linux boxes, though of course efficient streaming is very much primarily the function of a good internet connection which is the limiting factor for streaming efficiency.

Hope that helps Van141.
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by raymw - 2015-10-23, 22:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5