[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
I struggled with what you mean by the 'menu button' (I thought it is some software button in File manager interface) until finally I figured it has to be some button on remote and found it is the one with three horizontal lines on it... never before used the button, didn't even know I have it Smile
Also wouldn't have known to allow copy/move etc in settings, so thanks to your help I am slowly getting handle on things.

Also love that menu giving you choice when pressing power button and because I use the custom skin I mentioned, I have fourth item there - 'Home Screen' which takes you back to the main interface no matter how deep you are in files. There is also home button on remote, not sure it works quite the same way, sometimes remote Home doesn't take you straight to the top interface but only partway and needs repeated pressing (when you play movie for example), on the other hand I am not yet sure if that 'Home Screen' on that power menu is any better.

Also found that my wireless keyboard 'Rii mini i8+' works with this linux kodi and if you allow Input mouse in Settings, even the mousepad on it works and my separate usb mouse that uses usb dongle also works, when I was trying it out earlier and it didn't work, I didn't have mouse input allowed in settings.

Another thing I found, in Backup addon you can set it so it doesn't backup the Thumbnails folder, there is a provision for that in settings.

One thing I found worth noting - if you use Shutdown timer and also have screensaver kicking in before scheduled shutdown, it doesn't shutdown but only very quickly reloads Kodi interface, probably not even restarting it, maybe it is a refresh of the interface. So if you want shutdown after some period of inactivity, you can't have screensaver on. BTW I use 'Installed Addons Screensaver' if it should be specific to this one. I started using one because the box froze on me twice when left siting idle for some time, like half hour or more and I recalled reading here a while back about that (that the solution to that is to use screensaver).

On Android I was able to install Teamviewer QuickSupport which allows remote access into the box if you'd want to service the boxes you passed on to people. Only fault is you need somebody at the remote end to allow you in by pressing Allow button twice and also pressing Home button on remote, after that you have full access (to Android desktop as well as all apps incl. Kodi) as if you had the box in your living room but if you restarted you would need again to asked to be allowed in. Now to install TViewer into linux, given we don't have Mx-Linux desktop, it would be challenging, more like for somebody who is very familiar with linux, maybe auxbox here might look into making TViewer part of his next 'issue'? Two issues I forsee, one good one bad. The good one would be that full TV can be installed as host on linux which allows unattended acces. The bad thing is I don't know if that would give access into linux only, that is not into Kodi interface.

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by van141 - 2015-10-28, 02:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5