[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2015-11-19, 16:24)raymw Wrote: Yes I see the OTA auto update to EmbER 3 process has indeed started and my box has downloaded the new firmware but now I wait for 20 minutes already with it saying "Preparing for Reboot, Please Be Patient" So how long do I have to be patient and wait ?? I remember the same happened with previous OTA's and no matter how long I left it, it did not finish that preparation and go ahead with a reboot Huh So still seems an OTA problem here as I remember I had with one of the previous auto updates to either 1.0.1 or 2. My box BTW is an ATV1200 running EmbER V2.0.2

Looks like I will just have to leave this waiting to reboot animated message on screen so cannot watch any movies or TV tonight it seems. Last time I had this not rebooting problem and in the end forced it and then it corrupted my system giving me a big headache trying to recover my box !! So I am very reticent to be impatient but a guide as to how long we should have to wait for the reboot would be helpful. Josh are you there mate ??

Well weird you should mention this as I have 2 ATV1200 boxes (on Ember).... one updated in a couple of minutes and the other is doing exactly what you have described...... looks like I may have to reinstall ember myself and hope my DE code works for the same box twice.

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by p_turner_uk - 2015-11-19, 16:56
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5