[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
I love the ATV1200 and ATV1220 boxes they are IMHO one of the very best. They run MX Linux KODI Helix 14.2 build from Auxbox dated 14/04/15 brilliantly with absolutely no problems. Very reliable and very stable. In fact I feel the ATV1200 box seems to be about the very best at running this firmware. I also have an ATV1200 I have had some while and now running EmbER 3 DE and extremely stable and fast, though there are still some problems initially flashing the first needed EmbER 2.0.2 convert to virgin ATV1200/1220 Android boxes. Once sorted, EmbER 3 with Isengard 15.2 Donor Edition will be the way to go for sure and will be continually updated with OTA upgrades. I hear of some exciting new developments at EmbER as well as some small bug fix updates to EmbER 3 which should be coming soon..

You must have some corruption in your Helix 14.2 installation or a corrupt add-on causing the problem. If you know how you could try going to the recovery screen and doing a Factory Reset, then reboot and install RobWebers backup add-on from the KODI repository and restore to your last good backup, or if you have no back up already then first make sure you run a backup before starting the above procedure (my boxes do an auto scheduled backup, including Database and Profiles areas too,to the SD card every week and keep only the last 3 only).

Wherever I have seen the problem you have (pretty rare) with any of my configured ATV1200/1220 box users I carry out this procedure or talk them through it over the phone/Skype, and it has always cured such instability problems. There is normally no need to completely reinstall the MX Linux KODI firmware.

Of course as always the caveat is that you carry out the above procedure entirely at your own risk.
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by raymw - 2016-01-26, 07:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5