[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2016-06-06, 00:19)retsibsi Wrote: Thanks for the heads up about the disabling the HD-autodetect in Android. I've just purchased one of these boxes and it would have been extremely irritating to find I'd got a small booting screen. It all works very well (especially as version 4.0.0 of Ember appeared earlier today) so everything seems to be up and running as it should...

You are most welcome and glad it all went well.

As you can see the new full release of EmbER 4 is now available for the dual core M6 boxes G02Ref and G18Ref as well as the S805 M12 quad core boxes too. Please note that there are no free public versions for the time being and may be some time before there is . EmbER V4.0.0 has the latest KODI Jarvis V16.1 and so far runs very nicely and seems to be very stable too.

So for those who do not already have EmbER installed on their boxes, to get the latest EmbER 4.0.0 installed with KODI Jarvis 16.1, then you need to first download and install the appropriate version for your box of the public EmbER V3.0.1 build, and then on the EmbER Downloads page donate at least the required amount to register your version ( >US$10 for M6 boxes and >US$25 for the S805 quad core M12 box) and then activate your EmbER firmware to upgrade to the full Donor Edition. Your box will be able to auto update OTA to V4,0.0, provided you enable the Auto Update feature in EmbER Settings first of course. You can also in EmbER settings easily manually update the firmware too..

IMPORTANT for those with MyGica ATV1200 and 1220 G02Ref boxes, then before installing EmbER over the default Android firmware, you MUST first install an earlier MX Linux KODI 14 build, available from the front page of this thread. Only then can you safely install EmbER firmware without bricking your box. This as I understand it is a problem with the factory configuration of these MyGica boxes and not an EmbER bug, though this may have a work around eventually with a public V4 release sometime in the future.

Note also that if you have been running one of the V4 nightly builds then you will have to manually install the new full release V4.0.0 update as the system will see your V4 nightly build as already running EmbER V4 and then report that there are no updates available. So to get around that simply go to the Manually upgrade/downgrade option and there you will see the full V4.0.0 available for OTA download and installation.

I have now tested this V4.0.0 full firmware update on a G02Ref ATV1220T box and on my S805 based MXQ M12 metal cased box, and both so far are running very well indeed with no problems with the OTA update either, well other than the manual update install needed for those currently running a V4 nightly build as mentioned above.

Well done to Josh and Cory at EmbER for yet another milestone EmbER Linux KODI build, great job and much appreciated by all here I am sure.
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by raymw - 2016-06-06, 08:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5