[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
If anyone is interested I have a replacement remote.conf file for the MXQ M12 metal case boxes. This will cure the annoying hardware bug that means you cannot reboot your box from the remote power button if you went into suspend mode using that remote power button. This edited remote.conf file will give you the usual old 3 choice menu instead when you hit the remote red power button and by choosing Suspend from the 3 options it will put your box as it says into suspend mode. However now the remote power button will warm reboot the box as it should without the annoying need to power off/on reboot your box. This appears to not be an EmbER problem as I have noticed from testing that this same fault is also often there with the default Android OS as supplied with the virginal new boxes.

If you want this amended remote.conf file (ONLY FOR MXQ M12 metal cased boxes running EmbER) then get it here " https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1731...xed%29.zip " from my Dropbox public folder (it is very small file) unzip this file called "M12 remote (fixed).zip" and using file manager (with access to hidden files and deletions enabled as usual) add it to the folder /root/Configs/kodi/ and then reboot your box for it to take effect.

I hope Josh may be able to incorporate this into the next EmbER update V4.0.1 but I gather that is still some weeks away yet.
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes - by raymw - 2016-07-31, 08:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5