[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Hi Ed

Well firstly the reboot I would be pretty sure is a hot reboot so it does not go through the EmbER logo boot up screens but reboots straight to your KODI home screen. This is probably due either to a corrupt add-on, and the problem will therefore be unique to running just that offending add-on, or it can be due to a poor internet connection at the time causing some streaming data corruption. You will need to try and diagnose which is the likely culprit. If it is just with one add-on then uninstall it and do a hard cold full power off/on reboot. Then reinstall that add-on and see if the problem has gone away. If not then let us know which add-on is causing the problem and I will check out my end too. You may find a fix by carrying out a factory restore from the EmbER settings front page screen and then restoring from an earlier EmbER backup that was taken before this problem occurred. Last ditch is to reinstall EmbER V3.0.1 and OTA upgrade it to V4.0.0, as your EmbER activation code is in a protected area of memory and will not be lost, even after unbricking boxes it will still be there from my experience..

As to the Remote Communication error then I can tell you this is nothing to worry about and will cause no detrimental effect. It relates to your remote control unit and is caused by the warm reboot completing before the remote control has completed its connection to your box. Probably by the time you read that error message it has already synced and your remote is working normally. It is a little insignificant bug you can ignore. Not sure if that will be fixed with V4.0.1 which is at least a month away I am informed. Anyway hope that helps and anyone else here who is worried about getting that remote communication error message.
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes - by raymw - 2016-08-08, 08:14
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5