[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2016-08-11, 11:04)macfunk Wrote: Hi Folks

Hoping one of you gurus or someone from the dev team can help!
I have a Sumvision branded ATV1200 box which I've been using both the original MX Linux builds and the Ember public builds on for some time and thought it would be good to donate to receive the OTA update of v4.0.
One issue I've had since running the v3.0 build is that the reboot from the shutdown menu and also the reboot to recovery feature in Ember settings doesn't seem to work. When I select reboot from the shutdown menu the screen goes black but doesn't complete the reboot (just seems to hang with the green activity light still on until I physically remove the power supply.)
Also if i select the reboot to recovery or restore to factory settings in the ember system settings menu nothing seems to happen either.
Having donated and gone through the OTA update process at the end of the download when it gets to the reboot cycle image, again nothing happens (it just sits on the scrolling image until I either cancel out of the reboot or pull the power)
I also can't boot into recovery mode from powerup (holding in the reset) it boots to startup everytime I've tried.

Until i fix this issue I won't be able to complete the update to V4 which is quite frustrating!
Also tried re-installing v3.0.1 from scratch (spent a few hours on reverting to the original android firmware, clearing out all userdata in recovery, etc) then re-installed firstly the original MX-Linux build, then Ember 3.0.1 but the issue is still there with the reboot function problem.

Everything else functions perfectly so there just seems to be a corruption or bug with the reboot on my box.
Has anyone else experienced this on an ATV1200 box or similar G02 ref unit?

Thanks in advance

Finally managed to solve the rebooting problem after several different attempts. What eventually worked for me was digging up a copy of the original MyGiga MX 4.1 firmware from a Chinese website. I had been able to get to the android recovery screen (bridging pins & SD boot card method) but somehow ended up getting the box into a reboot cycle where it continually booted into recovery mode from power up. Eventually after trying all the usual techniques and original geniatech firmwares to no avail, I'd just about given up. Just goes to show that the old box is never dead till it's dead! Using the old MyGiga 4.1 files from a bootable SD I was finally able to get the box to boot normally (had to figure out how to change the language settings from Chinese to English which was fun). Next step was to re-install the original MX-Linux firmware and once I had this back the reboot commands were working properly again. Finally got Ember 4.0 working fully and I have to say it's breathed new life into my old ATV1200.

Anyway, thought it was worth posting this should anyone else run into the same issues on their ATV1200.
Cheers

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes - by macfunk - 2016-08-18, 09:22
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5