[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Hot news. For those with the metal cased MXQ M12 boxes with the S805 EmbER build then there has just been released a V4.0.1 Nightly Build for those who feel competent enough to try this new Beta build which has a raft of bug fixes according to Josh at EmbER . Please be aware that this is a Beta Build so could well have bugs so only for those who are wiling to test it out and please feed back your experience of it here too.

I have now installed it and the update went smoothly and all boots up okay and looks to be all working fine. I have also now removed the edited ntp.conf file some of us had to use to get the correct date and time at boot up and so far it works fine without that ntp temporary fix we used before, so this is fixed for sure it seems. Josh has apparently considerably reworked the power management so please test to check that the past related issues are fixed. Certainly I have removed my temporary fix remote.conf file too, and we are now back with the instant suspend mode when pressing the remote red power button. However from this instant suspend mode when trying to reboot from the remote then I still find it fails on first attempt every time, but now it always works on the second attempt unlike before. Now I will be also testing to see if the time loss is still occurring in this default suspend mode, so will report back on this issue tomorrow or Sunday after it has been in this instant suspend mode for many hours overnight.

Thanks to Josh and Corey for their continued work on this excellent S805 EmbER build.
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes - by raymw - 2016-08-26, 14:05
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5