[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Well, I got myself into a hole. I put in remote.conf that ray put up for us and now my remote doesn't work. Tried to use the Android revert from Ember site and it refuses to boot, on repeated trying it just starts Ember. Also tried Android revert from MyGica forum which worked for me in past with MX Linux but no luck with Ember, it just won't budge. It is like the reset button simply doesn't work, it gets totally ignored. What kind of 'reset' button is that which allows the existing firmware to boot?

What to do?

(2016-07-04, 13:25)raymw Wrote: Post: #1866

For your remote to properly work (assuming it is one of the normal as supplied ATV1200 or ATV1220 remotes) then you should add the correct remote.conf file using File Manager to the root//Configs/kodi directory. You can download a suitable remote.conf file form my Dropbox public folder here :- https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17319514/remote.zip The small file you will download is zipped for good reason so just unzip it and you will have the relevant remote.conf file you need to copy to your box root//Configs/kodi folder. ...

Carry out a full cold reboot after making the above changes as until then the changes will not commit, and then hopefully all will be working fine.

Obviously I have to repeat the usual caveat that you carry out all the above procedures entirely at your own risk of course.

What's cold reboot? Is that pulling the plug and reinserting? Anyway I would say the replacement file did take, else why would my remote stop working? I even checked batteries but they are OK.
Perhaps the fault lies with Ember itself, I mentioned that when backing out of movie to Home Kodi desktop, my Ok button as well as arrows around it stopped working, the rest of the buttons still worked, and reboot fixed that. That was with the remote.conf I was using in MX-Linux (also provided by ray, with that menu choice when pressing power button on remote). Then I got the idea that perhaps this new remote.conf here will work better and it got me stuck proper.

I suspect this remote stopping operating has nothing to do with the the supplied remote.conf file being somehow 'wrong', rather it is Ember which broke it. I''d say those guys use underhanded tactics preventing the box to be flashed back to whatever, they know which side their bread is buttered on IMO. It starts with nag screen and ends with underhanded practices. I flashed boxes many times, I service nine ATV1200 boxes (of which eight are running MX-Linux now) and flashed from messed up MX-Linux back to MyGica Android couple times, in case someone wonders if I know what I am doing. That flashing SD card now doesn't take and neither does the another with the Android revert which Ember team supplies on their download page. I am eager to hear from them, I believe they look in here from time to time.

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes - by van141 - 2016-10-05, 06:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5