[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2016-11-18, 08:25)Hammurabi Wrote: I can finally boot into android, but only with the sd card inserted. I used this method to create a bootable sd:

http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/how-to-un...nutes.html

The problem is that in my box it doens't flash the bootloader in nand when I boot into Android, so if i plug in the box without the sd card inserted, i get red light.

I did enter to recovery but in apply update from ext , the sd cars appears empty , i dont know why, and then i can't select any firmware.

UPDATE, Finally got android flashed again, the system boots without the sd card inserted. NOW after this was done, I tried to install EMBER again and the box got bricked again, this time I needed to short the pins to unbrick.

So before I try again to flash ember, can you raymw explain to me the exact process?

When I inserted the SD card and booted, after the logo of my box , the box went red and it stayed that way , so I disconnected. When Ember is installing this is normal or not? Or its like an android firmware, that the light stays blue all the time? Please explain.

Sorry my friend but I am not that familiar with those CMX boxes as I have always preferred and used the MyGica boxes ATV1200 and ATV1220 until earlier this year. I now only use the MXQ M12 metal cased box and have no problems with that at all, brilliant problem free boxes running EmbER V4.0.0. Maybe someone else here who uses these CMX boxes can help you ?? .

I did once flash a CMX box to EmbER some time ago but cannot tremember any problems with doing so and my customer who brought it cheap off me is very happy with it after all this time. I recommend just getting one of the metal cased MXQ M12 boxes as they are so cheap, and flashign that with the appropriate version of EmbER rather than giving yourself a load of hassle with the old CMX box, unless of course you like the challenge and have the spare time.

Sorry I cannot be of any more help, but I was hoping I could help if you had one of the regular MyGica M6 boxes.
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes - by raymw - 2016-11-18, 15:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5