• 2(current)
[Tutorial] Hyperion Ambilight on Linux and OpenELEC x64
I can confirm it works on Ubuntu 12.04. Just follow the post. Java was my nightmare but eventually got it working to create the config file. As suggested above a second PC can be used to create thi.
couldnt get it to work on my openelec box Sad
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  
AVR - Denon x2400h 5.2.2 Surround
Devices - Apple TV 4K, nVIDIA Shield TV Pro
Server - unRAID Pro, v6.9 | Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus (Wifi) | AMD Ryzen 9 3950x | 64GB G.SKILL | 12TB Dual Parity + 92TB Storage
Remote - Logitech Harmony Smart Hub & Control
can anyone tell me how to get this work on HTPC openelec running on?
Hi, I have the min lights set so i dont get flashing during dark images, but I want them to turn off when the video stops. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks
Hey!

I´ve installed hyperion now on Xbmcbuntu.

I can manually start hyperion and it recognizes when i start a movie but the leds are doing nothing....

Edit:

Got it working now - working like a charme and looks much better than boblight. Wink
(2014-11-25, 08:33)b0mb Wrote: Hey!

I´ve installed hyperion now on Xbmcbuntu.

I can manually start hyperion and it recognizes when i start a movie but the leds are doing nothing....

Edit:

Got it working now - working like a charme and looks much better than boblight. Wink

Could you give some instructions how to do this? I've got kodibuntu with boblight, arduino nano and a ws2812b led strip. I'm also interested in the arduino sketch you've used. Boblight is quite nice now with Fastled but I've seen from the videos that the delay with hyperion might still be lower.

EDIT: Got it also working. I just had to use a calculator (processing code found here somewhere) to get the prefix for the arduino sketch.
I just followed the tut in the first post to install hyperion on XBMCbuntu and the standard sketch from the hyperion git. Wink
(2014-12-09, 10:33)b0mb Wrote: I just followed the tut in the first post to install hyperion on XBMCbuntu and the standard sketch from the hyperion git. Wink

I still can't find the "standard sketch" from the hyperion git. I combined my own from a few others: https://github.com/RanzQ/adalight-fastled

Maybe this is the one you meant, found it linked to the issues? https://gist.github.com/tvdzwan/9008833

But I'm happy with the version I came up with. Seems to work ok.
Yes, I've meant the Adalight sketch... Sorry [WINKING FACE]
I have a string of 50 LED WS 2801 attached to Raspberry PI with Hyperion and it's working great. Now I want to try ambilight on x86 core-i3 mini pc with XBMCbuntu. I've attached arduino uno and programmed it. then I compiled boblight and it was working pretty well.
now I wanted to try hyperion. I've compiled it and it seems to be working, as hyperion-addon is connected. but the LEDs won't work. I assume it is because of the wrong settings in hyperion.config.json file. I've tried different settings, but none work.
Can someone with similar configuration (50 LEDs WS 2801 and Arduino Uno) attach his hyperion.config.json file?
Can you confirm that hyperion is working?

Does the initialisation test (RGB) start when you start the system?

I prefer to start hyperion by putting the startline in rc.local. Wink

In the hyperion config file it is important to set the rgbs to adalight und 115.200 baud.
Boblight works, so hardware is OK. When I disable boblightd + boblight-addon and restart XBMC, a notification window appears that Hyperion is connected to the server, so I guess it's working. I've tried several combinations of baudrates and rgbs, but it doesn't work. That's why maybe a working hyperion.config.json file from someone else would work?
Go into the shell and enter the line you put into autostart to start Hyperion. You should be able to see if any errors appear now.

Remember that Boblight must be stopped. I had such a problem in the past when I've stopped the Boblight Addon and the service was still running so that I had to kill it.
I've disabled boblightd, made a reboot, then opened shell:

Code:
kodi@kodi-tv:~$ /usr/bin/hyperiond /etc/hyperion.config.json >/dev/null 2>&1 &
[1] 1662
kodi@kodi-tv:~$ hyperion-remote --priority 50 --color red --duration 5000
Connected to localhost:19444
Set color to 255 0 0
kodi@kodi-tv:~$

so I guess it works, but the LEDs don't glow. If I disable hyperion and enable boblight (service and addon), LEDs glow.
these are the settings I used in HyperCon tool:

your output device should be Wink

Code:
/dev/ttyACM0

btw i can´t compile this on kodibuntu final 64 bit...

somebody tried?

Edit:

Got the binaries from my old RC3 version to work with the final Smile
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Tutorial] Hyperion Ambilight on Linux and OpenELEC x641