• 2(current)
Release Internet Archive - archive.org
The Internet Archive website was redesigned a couple of months ago.

divingmule has not posted in this thread since he released this addon, and has not posted in this forum for over a year.

Since no one else has offered a fix for his version, I have constructed two addons that may help fill the void left by this broken one. My knowledge of Python is minimal, and my coding skills are primitive and sloppy at best, but these are both functional at a basic level for streaming audio and video.

EDIT: Please use the links in post #59 to download the latest versions.

Please post a log (wiki) if you experience any script failures.

If there is enough demand, I may consider developing these further to include additional features, so please let me know if you find these useful.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
Hi thanks so much for working on this archive.org is great! However both the audio and video plugins posted here give me the script error I am not the most tech inclined so I am still figuring out how to post the log file. Any suggestions in the meantime would be appreciated. Thanks
(2015-07-18, 11:52)woobs420 Wrote: Hi thanks so much for working on this archive.org is great! However both the audio and video plugins posted here give me the script error I am not the most tech inclined so I am still figuring out how to post the log file. Any suggestions in the meantime would be appreciated. Thanks

The link in my above post will take you to the wiki and show how to upload a log.

Quote:Please post a log (wiki)

http://kodi.wiki/view/Debug_log

The easy method makes use of the Kodi log uploader add-on available in the official repo.

The advanced link will show where to find the log file on your system. You can open with any text editor and then copy and paste the contents to pastebin.com then post the link in here.

Both add-ons seem to be working for me this morning, although I did experience a script failure due to a timeout error in one instance. I've been meaning to add some error handling for this, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Without a log file though, I can't really tell what's going on in your circumstance.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
Thanks again for your effort! And thanks for the log file info headed out the door right now but hopefully ill get the log file later today and ill check if the add on works again first. Cheers
Ok got the log file http://xbmclogs.com/puzidqdr3 this is for the audio app I have tried many times and have a solid net connection it seems to say script error almost instantly when I click on the archive add on thanks again so much for the help!
(2015-07-19, 00:00)woobs420 Wrote: Ok got the log file http://xbmclogs.com/puzidqdr3 this is for the audio app I have tried many times and have a solid net connection it seems to say script error almost instantly when I click on the archive add on thanks again so much for the help!

Thanks for uploading the log file. I sent you a PM with a link to a 'fixed' version of my IA Audio add-on. If it works for you, I'll apply the same fix for the Video add-on and post links to both here.
(2015-07-19, 15:03)MetalChris Wrote:
(2015-07-19, 00:00)woobs420 Wrote: Ok got the log file http://xbmclogs.com/puzidqdr3 this is for the audio app I have tried many times and have a solid net connection it seems to say script error almost instantly when I click on the archive add on thanks again so much for the help!

Thanks for uploading the log file. I sent you a PM with a link to a 'fixed' version of my IA Audio add-on. If it works for you, I'll apply the same fix for the Video add-on and post links to both here.

Ok so far its kinda working I can get a show to start playing however the add-on seems to quit after the first track is played no error messages or anything of that nature. Also getting a script error when I try using the search feature I will post a log file later this aft if needed. Another question I have, is there any way to see the source information I mostly listen to the Dead and in some cases there can be ten or more different sources for the same show the only info that gets populated on the screen seems to be name and date of the show with no way to see the source or any of the individual files contained. Again a big thank you for working on this.

If it helps I am running kodi 14.2 on a amazon fire box
Kodi 15 RC2 Win/64/7 skin T! add-on taken from tiny upload.
Get an immediate error on toggling video the icon.

debug log

This is a great addition to Kodi and really needs to be exploited.
(2015-07-19, 15:45)woobs420 Wrote: Ok so far its kinda working

That's a step in the right direction. Big Grin

Quote:I can get a show to start playing however the add-on seems to quit after the first track is played no error messages or anything of that nature.

Odd, in my IA Video add-on, when the user is presented with a list of video clips there is a 'Play From Here' option available from the context menu. When selected, Kodi will play all clips listed in order. Since the Audio add-on is basically a clone of the Video add-on I assumed the same option would also be available.

Obviously, something different is happening in the Audio add-on. I think I know what it is though. I'll see if I can make the 'Play From Here' option available in the Audio add-on as well. Meantime, you can use the 'Queue Item' option from the context menu to select several items which Kodi will then play in order of selection.

Quote:Also getting a script error when I try using the search feature I will post a log file later this aft if needed.

I see what's happening here. I had a typo, sort of. Forgot to change 'video' to 'audio' when I cloned to Video add-on to create the Audio add-on. Download the .zip from below and the Search feature should be working.

Quote:Another question I have, is there any way to see the source information I mostly listen to the Dead and in some cases there can be ten or more different sources for the same show the only info that gets populated on the screen seems to be name and date of the show with no way to see the source or any of the individual files contained.

This is on my to-do list. It's also dependent on the uploader providing information pertinent to the file. I just need to find the best (fastest) way to accomplish this. As you've probably noticed, the add-ons are a bit slow and clunky, and I'd rather not make them any slower if it can be avoided.

Quote:Again a big thank you for working on this.

You're welcome, I'm happy I've been able to contribute something useful to the community.

Feel free to click the 'Thank User' button. Wink

(2015-07-19, 17:56)PatK Wrote: Kodi 15 RC2 Win/64/7 skin T! add-on taken from tiny upload.
Get an immediate error on toggling video the icon.

debug log http://xbmclogs.com/p9k7hixyb

This is a great addition to Kodi and really needs to be exploited.

Thanks for posting a log. Same issue as woobs420. Install the updated releases below:

Version 3.0.2 contains only a minor update that fixes an issue that affects a limited number of users. If version 3.0.0 or 3.0.1 are working for you, there is no need to update to 3.0.2 as there are no additional features added.

EDIT: Version 3.0.2 of the IA Audio add-on has a fix for the Search feature.

You may need to uninstall previous versions before installing these updated versions.
Amazing work just where is that "thank user" button anyways?

Here is the log for the search script error looks like the issue is around line 335"
http://xbmclogs.com/pcbwlxvxz

Relating to the queue item option you mentioned the issue remains it still only plays the first song of the show. From the screenshot you posted take the first 8 or so soldier field ones those are all complete shows but from different sources microphones, soundboards etc so it will keep playing what you have queued but only the first song of each different source although inside each of those 8 items labeled 95-07-09 there are about 18 different tracks so basically using the queue option just plays the first track of each. Hopefully that explains itSmile

The index issue is not a huge deal as I can just look at the archive on my computer then make the choice on which one to choose on your app as they seem to be in the same order so its mostly just the issue with only playing the first track in the collection. Thanks again!
(2015-07-19, 20:18)woobs420 Wrote: Amazing work just where is that "thank user" button anyways?

It's at the bottom of each post.

Quote:Here is the log for the search script error looks like the issue is around line 335"
http://xbmclogs.com/pcbwlxvxz

You beat me to it. I just edited my post above to include a fix for the Search feature. Download version 3.0.2 from my previous post and the Search feature should be working.

Quote:Relating to the queue item option you mentioned the issue remains it still only plays the first song of the show. From the screenshot you posted take the first 8 or so soldier field ones those are all complete shows but from different sources microphones, soundboards etc so it will keep playing what you have queued but only the first song of each different source although inside each of those 8 items labeled 95-07-09 there are about 18 different tracks so basically using the queue option just plays the first track of each. Hopefully that explains itSmile

The index issue is not a huge deal as I can just look at the archive on my computer then make the choice on which one to choose on your app as they seem to be in the same order so its mostly just the issue with only playing the first track in the collection. Thanks again!

I think I know where to go with this. There are several full programs available in the Video add-on where the program is actually broken into many clips ~1 min long. I had to get the add-on to display all the clips so that the user could watch the entire program. I just need to implement something similar for the Audio add-on. Hopefully I'll get this working soon.
(2015-07-19, 20:34)MetalChris Wrote: [quote='woobs420' pid='2056709' dateline='1437329906']
Amazing work just where is that "thank user" button anyways?

It's at the bottom of each post.

Ugh dont see it anywhere I feel real smart now.

Search is working for sure as for the other stuff take your time I am thankful for what you have done on a sunday no less!
Quote: Same issue as woobs420. Install the updated releases below:
Works well, worth the rep. Would like to see a smooth parser, fess out dead links. play all unwatched etc.. but this is a big win "as is".

Thank-You.
(2015-07-19, 22:41)woobs420 Wrote: Search is working for sure as for the other stuff take your time I am thankful for what you have done on a sunday no less!

Ok, I've got it now. The add-on should grab the playlist file (m3u) which has all the tracks in it, if no playlist file exists, it will just grab a single media file. You should be able to play one file from the track list, and when it finishes, Kodi will continue with the next file on the list. Give this one a try and let me know if it's working for you.

No changes to the IA Video add-on, just figured it'd be best to keep links for the 2 together.

As far as the info you'd like to see displayed - I'm guessing you'd like to see the 'Lineage' from the Dead pages along with the track listing? Let me know if I'm correct and I'll see about getting these added.

(2015-07-19, 23:51)PatK Wrote: Works well, worth the rep. Would like to see a smooth parser, fess out dead links. play all unwatched etc.. but this is a big win "as is".

Thank-You.

Thanks for the kind words, and the rep bump! Big Grin

I'm happy they're now working for you, and happy to contribute something useful. I've put together a couple of simple add-ons before, but nothing like this. This is a mammoth undertaking for me. I'll add more features as I learn more about Python.
Hi I don't really have much time tonight to test the new release but I trust its workingSmile And yes the "lineage" would be the most helpful in choosing just which of the many versions of the shows to play try this as an example https://archive.org/details/gd79-09-04.s...sbeok.shnf if you look down at the "source" and "lineage" listing it tell us exactly where the recording came from and is usually a very good indicator of quality (this example has a cassette in the lineageSad ) and therefore saves a lot of time when looking for quality audio. Even looking at just the filename that includes "sbd" meaning "soundboard" gives a good indication too. My apologies in advance on this as some of us deadheads can be pretty picky in the pursuit of clean sound. However the same goes for many of the bands that are kind enough to let us trade their music for freeSmile Anyhow I will post how the new version works for me in the morn and like I said before its not the biggest deal as I usually do my searching on the laptop and can easily figure which one to play by looking there first. After I got the fire tv box I moved the Carver amp and Infinity speakers over from the pc so I would rather play music over there nowSmile Cheers! Is there a way to donate to the cause? It is well worth it to me to do so very happy now!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet Archive - archive.org0