• 5(current)
Release Internet Archive - archive.org
(2017-05-04, 20:15)AntiPontifex Wrote: Thank you for your corrections: if I may, a couple of comments/suggestions:

(1) The load times for the categories are often very,very long (2-3 min); perhaps, you can modify the load
times by editing the code?

This has always bugged me too, although the website itself isn't exactly speedy. These are two of my earliest add-ons, and I have probably learned a few things over the last 2 years that might work faster, but don't expect any miracles. I'm pretty sure I described them as being 'slow and clunky' in an earlier post. This has been on my to-do list for some time though, so maybe I should move it up the list.

(2017-05-04, 20:15)AntiPontifex Wrote: (2) The search function in the add-on does practically nothing. I entered 'c64' and 'commodore' and got no
results.

I got a whole bunch of results in the Audio add-on, though none had commodore in the title. I can look at this too, although the search function was really more of an afterthought.

(2017-05-04, 20:15)AntiPontifex Wrote: Again though, thank you for your maintenance.

Thank you for the feedback! Smile
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
Yep, it's me again Rofl Anyway, as of Kodi 17.3 Internet Archive Video does not work for me.
However, Internet Archive Audio is fine. Maybe, it's something I'm doing wrong, but I thought
I'd let you know. Thanks as always for your efforts.
(2017-05-27, 04:51)AntiPontifex Wrote: Yep, it's me again Rofl Anyway, as of Kodi 17.3 Internet Archive Video does not work for me.
However, Internet Archive Audio is fine. Maybe, it's something I'm doing wrong, but I thought
I'd let you know. Thanks as always for your efforts.

Upgraded to 17.3 on one of my systems and I tried 10 or 12 videos. Except for one that would not play through my browser either, I experienced no errors.

Please provide a link to a debug log (wiki) and I'll take a look.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
Just to let you know: I installed Internet Archive Video via usb: no problem!
So, I think the problem had to do with the online repository. Thanks for your help.
Updated versions of both add-ons are now available:

Internet Archive [Audio] - v 3.0.8

Internet Archive [Video] - v 3.0.8

Both add-ons should be quite a bit faster to load items. I've seen a decrease in load times from ~90 seconds in previous versions down to ~20 seconds in the current versions. In order to accomplish this, the add-on will no longer scrape plot info or recording lineage and descriptions on the first scrape. This info can be displayed for individual items (if available on the site) via options I've added to the context menu. See the screenshots below for examples.

watch gallery

Archive.org isn't the fastest website to load, so I think this might be the best I can get at this time. Additionally, they do frequent maintenance to the site (at least once a week), so there will be times when the add-on throws a script failed error. I've tried to add some error handling to catch this, and display a more meaningful error if there's a time out or site unavailable error, but I just haven't yet got it right. More often than not though, a script failed error will be the result of either a time out or site maintenance.

I've also had some success in improving the search function. It seems that at some point Archive.org changed the way the search parameters are included in the url, so I've made some adjustments in the code that seem make the search function more accurate and useful.

Hopefully, I've not introduced any new bugs, but if I have, please provide a link to a debug log (wiki) and I'll look into it as soon as possible. The add-on should still function on any version above Helix.

Any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated.
Big Grin 
I'll try this as soon as I can: thank you!
The changes really did the trick: the load times have been drastically reduced.
In addition, the search engine now works for me and is very responsive.
Thank you. As for constructive criticism, the only thing I can think of is
the option of sorting the results by date. That notwithstanding, thanks again.
(2017-06-11, 21:22)AntiPontifex Wrote: I'll try this as soon as I can: thank you!

Yes, me too! I have an insanely busy 2 weeks ahead of me so it might take me a while.

But I will get to it eventually... lol :-)

BTW- do the updated versions work in Jarvis, or only Krypton?

You are just determined to make me upgrade, aren't you? LOL :-P

**Never mind**. I just re-read what you wrote- that it should work in any version above Helix. Duh! lol :-)
(2017-06-12, 21:05)AntiPontifex Wrote: The changes really did the trick: the load times have been drastically reduced.
In addition, the search engine now works for me and is very responsive.
Thank you. As for constructive criticism, the only thing I can think of is
the option of sorting the results by date. That notwithstanding, thanks again.

Thanks for the feedback @AntiPontifex and @mrsfixit. Support for previous versions is one of the main reasons I have not submitted any of my add-ons to the official Kodi repository. As I stated in another thread, I usually lag one version behind on my HTPC, and my Macbook won't support anything higher than Isengard, so all my add-ons need to work on previous versions.

As for the sorting capability, I could add that back in, but it's been my experience that search results work best without any filters. On the archive.org site, searches can be filtered by date archived, date published, or date reviewed, and all seem to skew the results wildly. The advanced search will allow adding a specific date, or a range of dates, but I'm really not sure how helpful those would be. You might want to try experimenting on the website and see if any of the filters generate the desired results for you and report back here.
As of yesterday the Video portion of Internet Archive is no longer working; simply errors out back to Kodi.
(2017-08-24, 03:29)AntiPontifex Wrote: As of yesterday the Video portion of Internet Archive is no longer working; simply errors out back to Kodi.

They've made a couple of minor changes to the website. This is affecting the Audio add-on as well.

I should have an update ready in a day or two.
Sorry for the delay. Both add-ons should now be functioning again. Download from the links below, or update from my repo.

Internet Archive [Audio] - v 3.0.9

Internet Archive [Video] - v 3.0.9

If you experience any errors or issues, please provide a link to a debug log (wiki).
Thank you, as always, for being so prompt with your update. Works great.
Thanks for this. Works well.
Is there a way to use .strm files to add Internet Archive movies to the Kodi database?

Thx

LC
In addition, would it be possible to add a sort-by-date function for the videos themselves?
Thanks, as always.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet Archive - archive.org0