• 10(current)
Release Internet Archive - archive.org
Update:

For the Video - it reads Next Page, not what I mentioned before (sorry). Also, it lists NO results

HOWEVER

for the Audio - it works perfectly. The plot thickens Wink I'm sure you'll crack it. Take care.
(2021-11-26, 03:43)AntiPontifex Wrote: for the Audio - it works perfectly.
Not working for me, getting the Check the Log error
(2021-11-26, 03:43)AntiPontifex Wrote: Update:

For the Video - it reads Next Page, not what I mentioned before (sorry). Also, it lists NO results

HOWEVER

for the Audio - it works perfectly. The plot thickens Wink I'm sure you'll crack it. Take care.

The plot thickens indeed. That's even weirder. They both use identical code for the search. If one works, so should the other.

(2021-11-26, 03:59)barney63 Wrote:
(2021-11-26, 03:43)AntiPontifex Wrote: for the Audio - it works perfectly.
Not working for me, getting the Check the Log error

I saw your log file. You're still getting socket timeout errors. The search is trying to work, but either the website is responding too slowly causing the timeout, or you've got some connection problems between you and the archive.org site. I occasionally would get socket timeouts, but after latest code changes haven't had one.

I don't want to make it retry too many times or the site will just block you entirely. I'll add some error handling so you'll get more specific error text instead of the nearly useless check the log message.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Redbox | NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
So last night, I started experiencing intermittent socket timeouts with the search again. Huh

I've added some error handling for these and other connectivity issues. If you receive one of the messages in the images below, you'll know the add-on is doing what it is supposed to do, but either the archive.org site or the internet is not cooperating.

Internet Archive [Video] - v 4.2.5

Internet Archive [Audio] - v 4.2.5

Neither of these will be available from my repo, but will be available here and on my Add-ons page (link in signature). As always, if you experience any errors or issues with the add-ons, please provide a link to an unedited debug log (wiki).
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
I will try this as soon as I can: been feeling rather ill today Sad

Anyway, thanks again!
Video: Still no search results - the only item that appears on the screen is a folder icon with a back arrow. Also, any item in the Ephemeral Films folders plays for a few seconds, then times out.

Hope these reports help. All the best.
Still getting timeout errors in the addon when searching.  Anything new on that issue.
Same ol' problems for me, too, Barney. Hopefully they will be rectified in the near future.
@MetalChris

I just tested Shy Guy.  I don't know if this matters or will help but if I just type Shy Guy I get the timeout error.  If I type "Shy Guy" with quotes I get an empty folder with the back arrow error inside it like AntiPontifex above
Tested the 4.2.5 version video player on Kodi 19.2 and searching with spaces works fine for me. Thank you for getting this addon up and running again!

Question: at the Internet Archive website, the JW player they use allows selection of playback resolution. I've spent very little time with it but I know in at least one case that it can be switched from 480p to 1080p.

Does your addon have any such capability or does it just select the highest resolution available?

Thx
(2022-02-27, 04:49)Capt_Kirk Wrote: Tested the 4.2.5 version video player on Kodi 19.2 and searching with spaces works fine for me.

Still getting socket timeout on Kodi 19.3
(2022-02-27, 04:49)Capt_Kirk Wrote: Question: at the Internet Archive website, the JW player they use allows selection of playback resolution. I've spent very little time with it but I know in at least one case that it can be switched from 480p to 1080p.

Does your addon have any such capability or does it just select the highest resolution available?

Thx

Sorry for the late response, somehow missed this one. The answer is no. I put this add-on together a long time ago, and don't remember exactly what criteria I used for grabbing the files, but I doubt I made any attempt at checking resolution, or even if multiple resolutions were available. Being that in some cases there is only a single file and in others there are multiple files, and sometimes even multiple formats (.ogv, .mp4, .avi, or .mpeg) available, I'm pretty sure I just targeted the first available file(s). Though it does work, the code behind this add-on is a serious mess (and I'm being kind to myself there). Tongue When it comes time to fix something that has broken I usually get a headache just digging through my own code to implement a fix. Given that the site has no API and must be scraped manually, and the wide variety of available files and types, adding the ability to switch resolutions when, and if, multiple options are available is probably a bigger project than I'd like to jump into right now. I'll put it on my bucket list though.
When/if you ever get to fixing this add on: thank you.
@MetalChris 
Did you ever get round to sorting the file type selection out?
A lot of stuff thats on there has both original filetype (.mpeg2,.mkv,vob,avi) and a duplicate compressed .mp4.
most stuff on this addon I can not watch because (like you said) it chooses the first file (non video or compressed mp4).

Wouldnt it be easier to just have an option in the settings that we can ether select how deep the folder structure can be
(if its in a folder) with the option to select the file type. (default First mp4)
like say if the original is avi, we could either select .avi or manualy type in the format it would detect if we know what it is.

that would save a lot of headache coding wise instead of waiting for a full reboot of this addon,
And give us (the user) options or even a way to watch the videos we can not.
At least for the meantime until the addon gets properly sorted. ;D

Would that be possible to do?
@MetalChris @03stevensmi  @Capt_Kirk 
This version will list the multiple qualities sorted quality wise ONLY when multiples qualities are available.
Also has some bug fixes related to translatepath and logging in Leia & Matrix
Please test it out and if good you can release it by removing the ~beta1 tag from version number.
plugin.video.internetarchive-4.2.6~beta1

Check beta2 version on this post
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet Archive - archive.org0