Sometimes sounds doesn't work?
Hi All

Had Eden for ages, and recently (well a few months ago now) I upgraded to Frodo.

However I have noticed that about 50% of the time I start XBMC there is no sound, no menu navigation sounds, no sound from the media, nothing... If I then shutdown XBMC and restart it, theres sound and everything is fine.

Can someone tell me what is going on? Why would it be so random if there was an issue?

Thanks in advance
Does anyone have any ideas? Or shares the same problem?

This is not related to the other sound causing lagging issues. I had that and fixed it. Its a separate problem.
I've had the same issue. Mine was due to HDMI handshake issues. Didn't have anything to do with XBMC and everything to do with my ATI card and driver. I've solved it by throwing everything I could think of at it and it's been a while so I'm not sure which one of these worked:

1. I installed XBMCLauncher and had it set to close XBMC when the PC sleeps and restart it after a short delay upon waking.
2. I bought a HDMI switcher off of Amazon that may contribute to the handshake issue going away (it seems faster than my Onkyo receiver).
3. I bought a Logitech Smart Control and programmed it to switch the switcher a couple times between inputs after the PC has woken but before XBMC launches (during that few seconds of delay).

Since I've done all these things, I've not had a single audio issue.
Ah ok...

I do run XBMC out to two TV's using a powered HDMI splitter so it could be that.

The thing is I haven't noticed it out in normal windows though, only in XBMC, in normal windows the sound always seems to work, like I often play NBA2K14 either in the lounge or in bed (lol), I've not once had it start with no sound in either room?

I also pretty much always close to desktop each time (as I like to log into my computers from work/mobile to check on things). Perhaps I could write a little script to test sound when opening XBMC or something?

I to run my HDMI (and sound) out of an AMD card.

Do you have any ideas for me to get it working?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sometimes sounds doesn't work?0