Where to put shorts?
Hello,

I figured this has been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer here so I'll ask: Where do I put shorts?

Surely, in the age of the internet, a number of you have collected these kinds of videos -- everything from 'Oscar nominated short film for 1968' to 'Creepy commercial from my childhood' to 'Man gets hit in the crotch on youtube'. Where do I put this stuff in my library? They're not movies, they're not TV shows, and they're not music videos. Any reccommendations?

Thanks!
Make them "movies" since they're probably independent of each other (for the most part), then use the custom home items (wiki) concept to filter them out of your main "movies" mode. Then use video library tags (wiki) to organize them and made additional menu options.
I usually put my shorts in the drawer below my socks.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
I have a share/source called "Other Media" which houses everything video related that isn't Movies or TV Shows.

Other Media/Funny Clips
Other Media/Home Videos
Other Media/Exercise
Other Media/Calibration

I view them via the folder structure with a folder.jpg for each folder. On the home screen I have a selection called Media and they are all in there.

It's not a fancy as library mode but I know full well I'm never gonna create .nfo's for it all.
I use a simple nfo editor that I made in VB.net to create basic nfo files for them. I, like the preceding poster, then put a poster.jpg and backdrop.jpg in the folder. In the nfo I put "short" as a genre. I then create a smart video playlist where genre="short". Finaly I link that playlist to a menu entry point via the skin setting.
Hello!
I have a similar questions. I use to collect short clips about 3d animation: short movies, new software presentations, etc. I put all these in a folder that I call "3D". I use to archive some of these clips from time to time, delete some files and add some new ones downloaded from the web. So it is a changing folder but it always stays on my hard drive.
I would like this folder to appear in the video library and have some basic movie information. So how should I deal with this folder full of small clips? I found this thread : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=118344&page=1 and I'm trying to follow CaptainKen's method. The goal is to avoid creating an NFO file for each video file!
So in the "3D" folder, I created these files : folder.jpg and movie.nfo.
Here is my NFO content:

Code:
<movie>
        <title>3d and animation short clips</title>
        <originaltitle>3d</originaltitle>
        <sorttitle>3d</sorttitle>
        <set>3d</set>
        <rating>10.000000</rating>
        <year>2015</year>
        <top250>0</top250>
        <votes>100</votes>
        <outline>Collected 3d and animation short clips.</outline>
        <plot>Various.</plot>
        <tagline></tagline>
        <runtime>1000</runtime>
        <thumb>folder.jpg</thumb>
        <mpaa>Not available</mpaa>
        <playcount>0</playcount>
        <id></id>
        <filenameandpath></filenameandpath>
        <trailer></trailer>
        <genre>Animation</genre>
        <credits>Various artists</credits>
        <fileinfo>
            <streamdetails>
            </streamdetails>
        </fileinfo>
        <director>Various directors</director>
        <actor>
            <name>Various actors</name>
            <role>Various roles</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>David</name>
            <role>Himself</role>
        </actor>
</movie>

So as you guess, my problem is that the "3d" folder does not appear as a movie or series in the video library. Also I can't access movie information.
And By the way:
- On what should I pop up a menu then select "movie information" to access the movie information?
- In the NFO file, is it necessary to fill <filenameandpath></filenameandpath> ? What's the use of this tag?
- On the "3d" folder, what content should I state? Movies? Tv Shows, or nothing?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where to put shorts?0