Bug Alternative and poster naming convention convention broken
My posters are in the format poster.jpg and fanarts are in the format fanart.jpg. I have set the movie setting to match exactly this naming convention. Unfortunately, Ember does not read and display my posters and fanarts. Any ideas?

* using 1.3 r18 *
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Any other version that is known to work? Or any log or other info I can provide. Should be quite easy to replicate and fixt this bug.

Thanks for looking into this!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
This works only if you dont have "NFO Stacked" selected.
(2013-12-23, 16:07)DanCooper Wrote: This works only if you dont have "NFO Stacked" selected.

Thanks, this is great. Does it make sense to send the frodo-default to poster.jpg et al as that's what it actually states in the wiki to be the Frodo convention.
(2013-12-24, 07:05)steve1977 Wrote:
(2013-12-23, 16:07)DanCooper Wrote: This works only if you dont have "NFO Stacked" selected.

Thanks, this is great. Does it make sense to send the frodo-default to poster.jpg et al as that's what it actually states in the wiki to be the Frodo convention.

Ember use always the same filenames like XBMC database export. XBMC use poster.jpg only in VIDEO_TS and BDMV folders.
I am not at my XBMC machine now, but one of the developers replied that this is not the case. See thread below:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=181664
From official Frodo WIKI

Quote:1.8 How should local images be named for Frodo?

For folders (e.g. tvshows, movies in folders, or just folders on the filesystem)
poster.(png/jpg)
banner.(png/jpg)
fanart.(png/jpg)
Note: Movies in folders can also use the options under files below.

Season images reside inside the tvshow folder
season[XX]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)
season-all-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg}
season-specials-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)

For files (episodes, movies not in folders, video files)
[movie file name]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)
[episode file name]-thumb.(png/jpg)
[filename]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)

Myself still use poster.jpg, fanart.jpg movie.nfo for Frodo XBMC - as it's official supported and recommended by XBMC Developers and WIKI. This is folder based naming - every movie in it's own folder. BUT even for folder based structures you can use the official Filesystem naming: [movie file name]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)

RIght now (in current 1.4 BETA of Ember) under "FRODO" Button in Setting menu , Ember will apply filesystem naming scheme ([movie file name]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)) and the folder based scheme (movie.nfo, poster.jpg, fanart.jpg) is currently disabled/notsupported! At the moment Ember is naming/saving files similar to the exported files of XBMC - and right now as it is stated from XBMC developer in your link, XBMC export is based on filesystem naming scheme. But still in officiall Wiki it's stated you can use both - so I think it's difficult to drop the support of folder based naming in Ember because a lot of people are using that format for their library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alternative and poster naming convention convention broken0