Windows Version of RetroPlayer Project
Is the Windows iteration of RetroPlayer fully functional? I know that features for XMBC need to be compatible across platforms but that doesn't mean they all finish at the same time. Hence, my curiosity about the windows side.
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
Fractal Design Node 605 (looks amazing)
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
2x80GB Intel 320 SSD, 4TB NAS
GTX 670x2 SLI, 16GB GSkill Ares
Onkyo RC360 with Paradigm piece-by-piece 5.1 build
Nyxboard and AHK full controlled via XBox Controller
I don't mean to speak for Garbear, but I believe he mostly makes cross-platform contributions, so in general they all progress at the same rate. Sometimes things break on one platform and not the other, and that is where we come in to let him know.

Since Garbear is a student, I would expect this project to have progress in the winter and summer vacation. Then he'll probably get a job and be too busy to deal with such childish things.

XBMC team please get behind this project!
(2013-12-21, 18:33)Adam7288 Wrote: I don't mean to speak for Garbear, but I believe he mostly makes cross-platform contributions, so in general they all progress at the same rate. Sometimes things break on one platform and not the other, and that is where we come in to let him know.

Since Garbear is a student, I would expect this project to have progress in the winter and summer vacation. Then he'll probably get a job and be too busy to deal with such childish things.

I thought they were collectively going to work on this for version 14?
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
I'm sorry, I'm not exactly a programmer... but I am very interested in this build of XBMC and I have a few questions that I'm not quite sure exactly would be an appropriate place to ask them, other than hereabouts.

1. Is Libretro being integrated into mainline XBMC? (i,e version numbers #13, 14, etc.)
2. Is it possible to upgrade an existing version of XBMC (windows build) to include libertro support?
3. Is there a stand alone addon?

Now, as for #2 I backed up my xbmc directories and then installed RetroPlayer (Windows) everything works correctly except I do not quite understand how to add the feature to existing pre installed skins. If I use confluence I have a game menu and it works quite well, I'd like to know how to add such a thing to Aeon Nox as I've tried doing it through editing the menu and have had no luck.

Thank you to all of your for your patience in taking the time for reading my questions and for any help which may be supplied.

- AMediaConsumer
Hi AMediaConsumer,

v13, no. the team's plan is to use libretro's integration as a new version marker, so either v14 or v15 will be the inclusion of RetroPlayer. no standalone add-on, the new player core is internal to XBMC. Each emulator core is its own add-on, though.

Skin support requires a small tweak to the home screen's XML files (to add the My Games link) and a new XML file for the My Games window. I created this by simply copy-pasting an existing window from Confluence. If you or someone else would like to add skin support for retroplayer, you can use the XML changes from this commit as a template. If you want to make skin support conditional, I believe that RCB uses a variable to determine retroplayer's availability - you should ask malte about this, or I can track down whatever I wrote last year Smile
(2013-12-21, 23:45)tjcinnamon Wrote:
(2013-12-21, 18:33)Adam7288 Wrote: I don't mean to speak for Garbear, but I believe he mostly makes cross-platform contributions, so in general they all progress at the same rate. Sometimes things break on one platform and not the other, and that is where we come in to let him know.

I develop in parallel on windows (visual studio IDE) and linux (eclipse IDE). My IDE is really determined by whatever OS i happened to have booted into, as my work is synced across the two OSes. Windows and linux usually retain feature-parity, though sometimes linux x86 gets left behind.

One of the outcomes of DevCon in Germany this year (your donations hard at work!) was the decision around v14 and v15. In addition to retroplayer, the other big feature the team is excited about is multi-client, making XBMC distributed across the network. We decided that the two features are going to race for v14, with the loser inheriting the rights to v15. When I have time for RetroPlayer again (probably after the holidays) I'll rally the team around beating multi-client to the v14 release Smile
(2013-12-24, 22:28)garbear Wrote:
(2013-12-21, 23:45)tjcinnamon Wrote:

I develop in parallel on windows (visual studio IDE) and linux (eclipse IDE). My IDE is really determined by whatever OS i happened to have booted into, as my work is synced across the two OSes. Windows and linux usually retain feature-parity, though sometimes linux x86 gets left behind.

One of the outcomes of DevCon in Germany this year (your donations hard at work!) was the decision around v14 and v15. In addition to retroplayer, the other big feature the team is excited about is multi-client, making XBMC distributed across the network. We decided that the two features are going to race for v14, with the loser inheriting the rights to v15. When I have time for RetroPlayer again (probably after the holidays) I'll rally the team around beating multi-client to the v14 release Smile

Keep up the good work!!!
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
(2013-12-24, 22:13)garbear Wrote: Hi AMediaConsumer,

v13, no. the team's plan is to use libretro's integration as a new version marker, so either v14 or v15 will be the inclusion of RetroPlayer. no standalone add-on, the new player core is internal to XBMC. Each emulator core is its own add-on, though.

Skin support requires a small tweak to the home screen's XML files (to add the My Games link) and a new XML file for the My Games window. I created this by simply copy-pasting an existing window from Confluence. If you or someone else would like to add skin support for retroplayer, you can use the XML changes from this commit as a template. If you want to make skin support conditional, I believe that RCB uses a variable to determine retroplayer's availability - you should ask malte about this, or I can track down whatever I wrote last year Smile

I'm a little lost here. Does the link you provided detail the tweak to the home screen xml file? Also what is the new file xml you must add ? It's called MyGames.xml?

Is the highlighted green text what you have to add to each individual xml file or should you edit all xml files? Is the small tweak editing all the files? Or only 2. Sorry for the confusion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Version of RetroPlayer Project0