Recording
Hi

Many thanks for previous help Krusty, I am a u.k user now successfully using stutter-free with latest Gotham nightly! Simply amazing!

There is one slight issue that remains and searching this forum (probably badly) I haven't been able to solve. Is it possible to series record, and if so how please? Through WMC I would press the record button on my hp mce remote twice and it would set the whole series to record.

I can press ok on a timeline programme and 'set timer' to recordable single programme but I also can't see a way to record the programme being watched. If I press ok there is a record option that doesn't seem to do anything?

Ideally I would like the recording process to be as close to WMC, is this possible?

Many thanks for all your time and hard work Smile

Fred

I'm using windows with Ace skin if that helps?
(2013-12-21, 18:07)Bluefredster Wrote: There is one slight issue that remains and searching this forum (probably badly) I haven't been able to solve. Is it possible to series record, and if so how please? Through WMC I would press the record button on my hp mce remote twice and it would set the whole series to record.

I can press ok on a timeline programme and 'set timer' to recordable single programme but I also can't see a way to record the programme being watched. If I press ok there is a record option that doesn't seem to do anything?

Ideally I would like the recording process to be as close to WMC, is this possible?

Many thanks for all your time and hard work Smile

Fred

I'm using windows with Ace skin if that helps?

Thanks Fred, I knew through solidarity we would achieve our goals.

It is possible to record the series, check out the wiki pages. If it still doesn't work let us know. As for pressing record twice, to do a series record when viewing the guide, I don't think that is possible (at least right now), xbmc does not send this command to the backend when viewing the guide. Its something to request of the xbmc team if I am right.

You can also record the show you are watching. Pressing record on your remote will work, if its not its because you need to get xbmc to recognise the command your remote is sending. I think this is also covered in the wiki. Its also talked about in the general xbmc info.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Here is the link. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...th_pvr.wmc

I recently expanded this section greatly for clarity. If something is unclear, please let me know so I can word things more appropriately, add more pics, etc. Thanks!
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
For clarity of others reading, the series recording happens through additional pvr.wmc specific dialogs that pop up asking you to set the series options. Our addon includes these dialogs for the default Confluence skin, but if you are using other skinds, those skinners (or you as the end user) need to incorporate the pvr.wmc series recording dialogs into the skin. Some skinners have made the changes to include our dialogs in their skinds but others havent. Im not sure if Ace has or hasnt as I dont use it. Now that our addon is in XBMC officially, it would be good for all the main skins to include the dialogs for us Smile
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording0