XBMC not seeing SMB shares
I'm trying to switch over to SMB from UPnP. The shared home group is all set up and working. I've been able to successfully access the shared files from another computer. However, I cannot get Xbmc to see the files I've shared. I go thru add videos, and then browse down to Windows Network (SMB) and when I select it there is nothing in it. What am I doing wrong here?
Anyone?
Presumably you mean you're using windows, as you mention home groups. I've not used the windows home group stuff in my setup, as I don't really trust it. But that is just my personal bias.

However, I did setup my server smb share (old fashioned workgroup user/password style) and have had no problem with XBMC seeing my SMB share added via UNC.

Maybe if you map a drive letter to it, then access through that? Just a shot in the dark.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
(2013-12-21, 18:47)FuSchnickens Wrote: I'm trying to switch over to SMB from UPnP. The shared home group is all set up and working. I've been able to successfully access the shared files from another computer. However, I cannot get Xbmc to see the files I've shared. I go thru add videos, and then browse down to Windows Network (SMB) and when I select it there is nothing in it. What am I doing wrong here?

using a Homegroup is probably the main problem - I have seen a thread (not sure if it on this site) when someone says he has a working Homegroup setup.
I read up on home groups when they appeared in Win 7, and they will only (readily) work with other win7 (or later) installations - I have a Workgroup defined for my Win7 machine, and the shares seem to work OK for WinXP, Vista and RaspBMC ...
Derek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not seeing SMB shares0