DLNA Music Visualization
Hi all,

I can stream music from my Android phone to XBMC using DLNA/uPnP absolutely fine, but for some reason XBMC doesn't open the visualization screen when playing the music. It just sits on whatever screen it was on, the home screen etc...

The weird thing is every few songs, about half way through a song the visualization will suddenly and randomly appear. The visualization then vanishes once that song is finished, then the next few songs will just play form the home screen, then suddenly the visualization will open again..?!?!

How can I keep the visualization working for all the streamed songs? Is this a bug or feature? I am on Frodo 2.2 I believe.

Thanks
Thought I'd give this a little bump to see if anyone else might have an answer...
I haven't run XBMC with DLNA/uPNP, but I will offer an observation with general usage since you didn't specify otherwise. Please understand I'm not trying to be insulting.

When I have music playing from the home screen (from my regular library, not streaming), there is a small play/stop control bar just above the menu. I hit tab to bring the music playing up to full screen (i.e. the visualation). Have you tried pressing TAB?

The wiki has a full list of keyboard controls if you should find that helpful.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
That wasn't insulting. I can indeed bring up the visualization, however it disappears when the song ends and doesn't reappear when the next song starts. I would have to keep bringing it up manually with each song.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DLNA Music Visualization0