Can I load XMBC and PlayOn (using WIndows 8.1) on a single PC to stream to my TV
Am I correct in thinking that I can load PlayOn and XMBC onto the same PC (the HTPC)?

The PlayOn literature refers to loading it to a PC and then using a game console, ROKU, etc. to pass the program to the TV, but I just want to use a HTPC-TV combo.

My college-age son and I are assembling the components to build an HTPC over this holiday. I plan to use the Windows 8.1 operating system and load XBMC on top of this. I want to watch NetFlix and have read that PlayOn can be used to do this.

Thanks
That should work just fine. I often have an HTPC that also does other serving functions at the same time as running XBMC.
I have tried this and you may be disappointed in the quality of Netflix on XBMC via PlayOn. PlayOn recently added HD Support, but not for UPNP devices which is what XBMC is. You would be better off using advanced launcher to luanch the windows 8.1 metro app. Or try out NetfliXBMC here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178693 I have been using this for a few weeks and it is pretty amazing.
-ken Z-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I load XMBC and PlayOn (using WIndows 8.1) on a single PC to stream to my TV0