HD spin down during video/MP3 playback of network
(ktd @ april 04 2004,16:33 Wrote:great! is it up to date with todays cvs?
it is now.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(jaga @ april 04 2004,04:00 Wrote:now that this patch is fully applied, what should the i set spindown to if i want to have the least amount of hd noise possible when playing all media over the network? i.e. even when i set it to 3 minutes, the disk still spins up between mp3 tracks (which aren't on the local disk). when playing video, it properly spins down though.
--jaga
it spins up between mp3's because xbmc needs to access the musicdatabase and read (cached)thumbs from disk, it's just no good for audio, it's better to set it to a higher value so it won't spin down for mp3's.
note that the hd will spin down almost always with vbr-mp3's and ogg files because mplayer calculates duration of vbr-mp3's completely wrong (usually way too high) and can't calculate duration of ogg files at all (maybe other audio filetypes also?). the latest patch fixes (among many other things) the vbr-mp3 spindown but not the ogg files spindown but you can just disable it for audio if it doesn't work for you.
(if it ever makes it into cvs that is Smile)
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
i thought u just posted that your patch made it into today's cvs?
--jaga
--jaga
no, the patch is up to date with todays cvs, todays cvs isn't up to date with the patch Image
what's the logic for spining down when you aren't playing any media?
--jaga
--jaga
saving your hdd and keep temp down.
no, i mean what rules does it follow. i'm asking because i hear it spindown, but i believe i have spindown set to 0 (to disable).
--jaga
--jaga
hello, here a small bug but very annoying... when i play sound files via smb, the xbox hardrive go into his hibernation state in a few seconds.
exemple : when i play an audio file just to hear the first seconds, when i try to play an another m4a files (for example) the xbox harddrive wakeup before any play... causes a pause of 5-10 sec.
please excuse me for my bad english Image

ps: there is no link between the harddrive setting in the preferences
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=3024
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=2093
https://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581838
https://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581840

a workaround for now is to set hd spindown time to 0 so the hd won't go into suspend state at all.
to clarify/follow up w/ my last question: should there/could there be a configurable setting for the idle spindown? or does it use the media spindown time setting?
--jaga
Quote: - 21-04-2004 disabled immediate hd spindown upon starting network play, just reset spindown counter at start instead

disabled immediate hd spindown after starting network play, 3 to 0 votes against it
uhhhh who voted?
i vote for my patch that has been sitting on sourceforge for 21 days now instead of just disabling it...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD spin down during video/MP3 playback of network0