Req TMDb - Support Movie set metadata and art (posters & fanart)
Scrapable?
I was talking about linking of movies to tvshows,

Im more interested in what this request is about, I dont really link tv shows to movies or vice versa but if that ended up all being supported it wouldn’t be a bad thing.

If youre about in IRC we could chat Wink
(2015-07-02, 13:11)uNiversal Wrote: I was talking about linking of movies to tvshows,

Im more interested in what this request is about, I dont really link tv shows to movies or vice versa but if that ended up all being supported it wouldn’t be a bad thing.

If youre about in IRC we could chat Wink

Well I think it would be trivial to add when were doing this feature. Regarding irc, I'll contact you on Tuesday
I would definitely appreciate the feature, personally I would prioritise it as:

1. Movie Collection Art settings saved when database exported, after being manually linked.

2. Move Collection nfo files recognised (with links to art, naming, sort name, etc) like individual films (I believe Kodi can already do this for TV Shows vice Episodes).

3. Movie Collection art filename recognition - Recognise art with Movie Collection name in the folder containing the films for auto-pickup, like hows it is for individual movies.

4. Movie Collection scraping from TMDb - As per individual films.

It would seem a lot of this is just matching/reusing functionality/code used in TV Show vs Episode, or Individual Movie scraping. I am not a developer and apologise if I have underestimated what is required.

Ant
Thanks for this thread Universal: this is exactly the feature I, and friends I introduced to Kodi, are missing mostly in Kodi.

Have there been any updates on this as fas as you know?
There is https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8013 ([videodb] Add support for overview (plot) in movie sets.) in the works, but thats only via NFO.

Scraped from TMDb as its is the default scraper, you have nothing still. However some progress is better than none.

Razzee ... ping is it Tuesday yet?
(2015-09-11, 17:30)uNiversal Wrote: There is https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8013 ([videodb] Add support for overview (plot) in movie sets.) in the works, but thats only via NFO.

Scraped from TMDb as its is the default scraper, you have nothing still. However some progress is better than none.

Razzee ... ping is it Tuesday yet?

It was I suppose? Big Grin
Not sure when I will come back to this, some things have more priority right now.
(2015-09-11, 17:30)uNiversal Wrote: but thats only via NFO.
Scraped from TMDb as its is the default scraper, you have nothing still.
I'm not really a scraper expert, but I don't think further work is needed.
The scraper needs an update so that it provides the data. I'll get there at some point, but the scraper syntax is something I really hate...
@menakite

Thx, I wont get my hopes up, it will make it that much more special once it is implemented fully.

@Razee, yea, and that's the way the cookie crumbles...
(2015-09-12, 04:43)uNiversal Wrote: @menakite

Thx, I wont get my hopes up, it will make it that much more special once it is implemented fully.

@Razee, yea, and that's the way the cookie crumbles...

@menakite is right, if I know that part correctly we just need the scraper to send

'setoverview'
See: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8013/f...7b2c13R453

Have to check the api to see if we already get those methods, if we do this might be doable by me, otherwise we probably need @olympia
As scrapers are complicated for normal people like me Wink
Set overview would be a start and already better than nothing. then we need the rest, like fanart etc as main request details.

Unfortunately I dont understand any of it no matter how much I try and read these parts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDb - Support Movie set metadata and art (posters & fanart)1