Problem Installing WMCServer - Cab1 file error message
Hi there,

Just decided to try to add Live TV on my XBMC over the Christmas break.

I have hit a hurdle early - when I unzip the installer msi file, I get a message saying : Source File Not Found C:\Users \HTPC\AppData\Local\Temp\wzc725\Install_Server\WMC\Cab1.cab - Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

I have Googled and searched in the forums and Wiki and can't seem to fin any mention of it.

Anyone able to help please? Thanks in advance.
That is early! This cab1 file should be in the zip folder you downloaded along with the msi. Is it not?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2013-12-26, 21:12)krustyreturns Wrote: That is early! This cab1 file should be in the zip folder you downloaded along with the msi. Is it not?

Krusty, I sorted it since then - embarassingly, I didnt extract the file, sorry for the trouble, and thanks for the reply Smile

All configured now. Just trying to get the front end installed now, have downloaded the Repository, and when i go to install it, OK is greyed out, only Cancel is highlighted - seems to be hanging or dragging its feet on the install.
Immortal's repo needs to be updated, people have been reporting problems with it. Try just installing by hand.
I'll give that a shot later.

Thank you very much for the fast response and super support!
All sorted and up and running - looks great Smile

Will the channel change speed be improving soon?
You can significantly faster channel changing by using special builds of xbmc. See the 'margro' build.
Ah yep thanks Krusty - Ive seen that mentioned - is it just installed like an add-on? Im afraid I'll blow away all my settings iff I make a mess of installing it.....
(2013-12-28, 02:08)AidenL Wrote: Ah yep thanks Krusty - Ive seen that mentioned - is it just installed like an add-on? Im afraid I'll blow away all my settings iff I make a mess of installing it.....

It should be okay, its just installing a different version of xbmc over the old one, your settings should be left alone.
You can backup you user data folder first so you are safe. Actually I would highly recommend it anytime you are going to monkey with a functional existing XBMC installation. Just copy C:\Users\Your_User_Name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC somewhere safe first. When I installed Margro's build, I simply installed right over top of my existing installation and there was absolutely no changes made except my channels changed faster.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
Yeah, I just installed this now - and the channel change time is really very impressive, I'm delighted.

I do have some lip sync and / or picture problems, the speech seems a little behind the picture - I'm not sure where to adjust that - any suggestions?
There is an adjustment in xbmc. Open the OSD by pressing "m" (a video has to be playing to access it) and it's "audio offset" in audio settings. Otherwise, depending what you have for gear, you may be able to adjust it in your AV receiver.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
(2013-12-30, 06:15)TechLife Wrote: There is an adjustment in xbmc. Open the OSD by pressing "m" (a video has to be playing to access it) and it's "audio offset" in audio settings. Otherwise, depending what you have for gear, you may be able to adjust it in your AV receiver.

I think perhaps it's down to the European HD channels problem referenced by Krusty?

I haven't had any lip sync problems in my setup ever so far.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem Installing WMCServer - Cab1 file error message0