how to record a stream?
FilmOn? It should be possible to "capture" the video in XBMC and save it, but the add-on author doesn't seem to have implemented a method for this. I know at one time the FilmOn Add-on from mikey1234 was using their official API or something, so maybe he didn't want to violate their terms, but if he's changed the name to "notfilmon" then I'm guessing that relationship fell apart. It's actually kind of odd, since there really isn't much of a technical hurdle for this specific site.
OK - thanks for that. I guess it's not possible to do (at the moment, anyway). BBC programs are not that much of a problem, since many of them are available for download at their own site. ITV could well be a problem, as it would seem that we are about to lose all those transmissions and there doesn't appear to be any download option on their site.

It's early days yet - the loss of BBC (and soon ITV) has caused a great deal of upset among the ex-pats here and I have no doubt that several alternatives will become available over the next few weeks.
undefined
Hi,

I'm a XBMC newbie.Wanted to record dance music from streaming radio.So this is what I did.

My system:
Macbook 2010 Snow Leopard
XBMC Gotham

Stuff Required:
System with XBMC
Audacity
Soundflower
Ability to read english

Instructions here:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/tut...n_mac.html

Enjoy!
Hey there everyone, i am new here, i been using xbmc see for some time now, i fond the way to record any stream on xbmc. It's very simple and effective way, you can install MSI afterburner software, there is a option in Afterburner which alows you to video capture any thing that is playing on fullscreen.... i have used it to capture gameplay on my computer.... it works very for capturing xbmc video streams... you just have to install it and in the settings, you can find video capture tab, there you just have to lover the capture quality to 25% othervise it uses lots of HARD DRIVE space when you capture videos... so thats it...i found it to be the easiest way to capture videos on xbmc and kodi....

here is link for afterburner http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/msi-...nload.html
(2014-10-02, 10:39)Prika25 Wrote: Hey there everyone, i am new here, i been using xbmc see for some time now, i fond the way to record any stream on xbmc. It's very simple and effective way, you can install MSI afterburner software, there is a option in Afterburner which alows you to video capture any thing that is playing on fullscreen.... i have used it to capture gameplay on my computer.... it works very for capturing xbmc video streams... you just have to install it and in the settings, you can find video capture tab, there you just have to lover the capture quality to 25% othervise it uses lots of HARD DRIVE space when you capture videos... so thats it...i found it to be the easiest way to capture videos on xbmc and kodi....

This is the XBMC/Kodi for Mac OS X subforum. What you've posted won't work on Mac OS X. If people want to screen capture, which is all that does, then there's countless ways to do this. Mac users can use Quicktime, for example. However, that's not really what is being asked in this thread.
thanks for the reply i didn't realize this was the Mac OS x support tread
What about capturing a STRM file into a flac or mp3? Like internet radio, is this possible with Kodi?
An STRM file is just a text file that contains a URL. You can just open it and download the URL in your web browser.
there is a thread somewhere about setting up recording etc, and a number of links to YouTube howtos.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Found it http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid1902627
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-04-03, 05:11)Ned Scott Wrote: An STRM file is just a text file that contains a URL. You can just open it and download the URL in your web browser.

Sorry, that wasn't what I meant. What I meant was once Kodi has connected to a stream via a STRM file and is playing can you
press a record button (like Live TV) and record the stream as it is coming in to a container file?
Not that I know of.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to record a stream?1