OS X Major performance regression in XBMC 12.3 on OS X 10.6.8.
http://pastebin.com/JXagvimT

Major performance regression in XBMC 12.3 on 10.6.8.

OSX Version: OS X 10.6.8 Server
Platform: Mac Mini 1.83 GHz (3 GB RAM)
SVN Revision: XBMC 12.3 (20131212-9ED3E58)

Problem: I'm experiencing an audio delay/dropout and playback delay of 1-3 seconds when resuming playback after skipping forwards (+30) or backwards (-10) using the buttons on an Apple Remote. It affects all video containers and skins. This problem did not exist in the previous official release (12.2).

If I skip forwards or backwards, the expected behavior is that playback resumes immediately. With 12.3, after skipping forwards/backwards, playback freezes or stutters (with no audio) for 1-3 seconds before resuming.
I don't know if I would call that "major", but I do recall it being reported in the 12.3 test thread, and I thought it got fixed. Hmm.
Perhaps I was being melodramatic, but exaggerated headlines sell papers.
Wink
Same thing here. Any ideas?

Running on Mac Mini late 2010, 8GB, mavericks & Frodo 12.3
Good news: Just checked latest nightly build (December 28, version x86/64) and seek performance is back to normal.

However subtitles addon is missing due to new architecture so switching back to stable 12.3 and wait with patience for the next big release..

(Any ideas if it's possible to easily add subtitles addon to the nightly build?)
Same problem here - Mac Mini2,1 1.83Ghz Core 2 Duo, 1GB ram, OS 10.6.8 running the 32 bit download of XBMC 12.3.

Launching videos from the movie list and seeking forwards or backwards through a video using forwards/backwards skip (+/- 30 seconds) causes the playback to freeze for about 2 seconds each time then start with a slight stutter, making quickly skipping through a movie a chore.

I reverted back to 12.2 and seeking is once again instantaneous - multiple skips in a row start playing instantly as fast as I can press the skip button on the remote.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
It's disappointing that this regression made it into what was supposed to be a bugfix release.. But since I didn't have any major issues with 12.2 I can always downgrade.
This version was posted on the forum for two months and no one complained. Now every one starts complaining, sorry but if not one actually installs a test version before release there's nothing we can do.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1544381

The issue was listed in the first page for the whole time. But that's besides the point now isn't it, like you said it's too late to do anything about it.
(2013-12-31, 10:49)Martijn Wrote: This version was posted on the forum for two months and no one complained. Now every one starts complaining, sorry but if not one actually installs a test version before release there's nothing we can do.

Negative. People did complain and it was reported as a regression. I'm fairly sure someone even fixed it, but I guess the fix for the regression didn't make the final build.
Its not osx related BTW but was Reported on other platforms aswell iirc - well as already figured out - nothing to See here - we will always have Regressions like that...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Where can I find version 12.2 to download? I'm only finding 12.3 and the nightly builds.
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/osx/
(2014-01-01, 23:46)SpaceMonkey Wrote: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/osx/

Thanks. I'm going to bookmark that link.
Rolling back to 12.2 as well
No audio at all on 12.3 OSX 10.6.8 no matter what settings I try.

EDIT: I should have clarified... DVI output for Video, Analog output for audio. Audio is still OK while using the XBMC GUI but no audio exists during video playback.
--> Mac Mini 2010, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, OSX Lion, XBMC Frodo 12.3
--> Pivos XIOS DS M3 w/Linux XBMC Frodo 12.2
--> Central MySQL database on a LenovoEMC px12-450r via Debian Wheezy VM

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Major performance regression in XBMC 12.3 on OS X 10.6.8.1