MySQL table create statements for 12.3
Hi Y'all,

I am trying to get shared setup running across our household (4 osx clients, 1 *nix, all on 12.3). File and DB sharing comes from a Promise SmartStore via NFS and MySQL 5.1.

Now the default 12.3 build seems not to create the DBs properly on MySQL and after reading several posts on the topic I have manually fixed by adding the missing views to the MovieDB but I cant get the MusicDB quite right...

Could some post or point me to a working MySQL schema for the 12.3 MusicDB ?

Cheers,
P
The "auto" database creation seems to work or at least it did for me with one ubuntu XBMC instance, and one Windows 8.1 XBMC instance.

The documentation is not joking when it says it needs FULL access. Basically you need to give your xbmc dba user equivalent rights as your super user.

Once the databases are created you can remove the FULL access and go back to set the permissions only specific the XBMC databases.

I just ran through the setup this weekend and I ended up with two databases, mymusic32 and myvideos75. The host for this user is configured so that it can connect to the MySQL server from any IP address on the internal network.. Now that the databases have been created and populated, I have gone back and limited the permissions of the XBMC dba user to only have access to those databases.

I could dump the database and tables, but I thought I would let you know that XBMC will create the databases if you grant full access as the documentation states.

In my opinion it would have been nice to have the SQL to create the databases and tables and to set the permissions manually rather then how it gets done with the current implementation.

Hope that helps.
I'm also not sure if the issue with MySQL 5.6 has been fixed or not... (I.e. 5.6 not working with XBMC update mechanism)...
I am having a problem as well with the table base not being made properly using MySQL on my PC, is there a place where a fresh working database copy could be download from in order to compare with mine to see where there errors are .
Is is here: http://bit.ly/1bCh6Gx

**WARNING** Do not try to import this as there is probably stuff missing or possibly irrelevant stuff added. Only use as a visual aid for debugging.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL table create statements for 12.30